All click pen FRUSTRATION - a simple solution - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Build the Tips, Tricks, & FAQ Files
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Build the Tips, Tricks, & FAQ Files Have a tip, trick, or a Q&A for the FAQ? Post it here.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 0

The Long Click from Dayacom is my worst. I am hesitant to file away too much of the coupler, don't want there to be any wallowing around on the tube.

As I said, I use the Schmidt for every single pen that it will fit, I will continue to use it in non-click pens. If modifications work, I'll gladly put them to use.

Non Impedite Raditioni Cogitationis.
(Unencumbered by the thought process.)
Tom and Ray Magliozzi
thewishman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Interesting timing, I was messing with a Civil War pen this weekend and couldn't figure out the cause. Sure enough it's got an Easyflow 9000 in it.

Generic refill works great. I tried a Schmidt P 900 and it works well too.

While the P 900 isn't as good as the EF9000 it's better than the standard supplied refills. May be a good option without having to mess with the components.

That being said, Ed a video sounds like it could be in the works, I'll be a viewer.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

My personal pen is a Vertex with a S9000. Never a problem. The Stratis has the same mechanism and all I have made work perfectly with the S9000.
EN Pens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewishman View Post
The Long Click from Dayacom is my worst. I am hesitant to file away too much of the coupler, don't want there to be any wallowing around on the tube.

As I said, I use the Schmidt for every single pen that it will fit, I will continue to use it in non-click pens. If modifications work, I'll gladly put them to use.

Just took a look at one, I have a hypothesis--expect will have a video by the end of the weekend.

Ed
Old 07-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

The label also gets hung up on the Vertex click and the Bolt Action Tec pens.

Non Impedite Raditioni Cogitationis.
(Unencumbered by the thought process.)
Tom and Ray Magliozzi
thewishman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4copies View Post
Quote:

Just took a look at one, I have a hypothesis--expect will have a video by the end of the weekend.

Ed
I've had some Sierra Elegant Clicks that were a little sticky with 9000s. Now, if there's any question, I wrap a small punch with 500 grit and run it through the tip a few times--seems to smooth up the transition where the catch can occur.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

I hadn't made click pens for years because I was disappointed in all of the mechanisms. The only returns I ever had were click pens.

Then PSI came out with the Stratus and Vertex (Spartan as well, but I don't like the style as well.) Smoothest click mechanism I've seen. Nice long bodies, you can really show off wood or acrylic blanks. I sell quite a few of them now.

Gary
Old 11-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

Ed
Ed

Did you ever post the video?

Larry
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2016, 09:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryc View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Ed
Ed

Larry
No, I made several attempts at getting it to "hang up" and never succeeded. Can't fix a problem I can't replicate.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryc View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Ed

Ed

Larry
No, I made several attempts at getting it to "hang up" and never succeeded. Can't fix a problem I can't replicate.

Good old Murphy strikes again!
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads