ACE is the place

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin M

I stopped by ACE Hardware the other day and found they have displays full of assorted hardware pieces. (ACE Hardware--might be a connection) Anyway, I found a tray full of nylon bushings with assorted ID and OD's. I bought a few with 1/4" ID x 1" length and now use them to make bushings for my barrel trimmer. Works great! I made another Baron tonight and did not have a cutter for the larger tube so I put a nylon bushing on the lathe and turned it down to fit and slid it on my 7mm trimmer. They have trays full of goodies like this and I will have to take a closer look next I get in the store.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

I have used nylon bushings from the hardware store for a while now. They make good spacers too (to fill up the mandrel after the regular bushings).

MDWine

Every couple of weeks I go to my friends hardware store and just walk around and look. I tell them I'm just looking for stuff I can't live without! It's one of the "old time" hardware store, where you would never be able to find anything without the guys that work there. It is a great place!! There's definitely treasure to be found in those walls full of the parts cabinets! Home Depot/Lowes/etc have their place, I guess, but give me a good 'ole home town hardware store any time![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom