Match the Pen and Pen Maker Contest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A brand new contest within a contest.

Its simple match the pen to its maker! What could be simpler than that?

There are 3 prizes, $25.00 gift certificates From Exotic Blanks.
One each for first and second place for those that guess the most correctly.
One prize for last place.

Ties will be determined by random drawing.

We are working on a submissin form and will post it as soon as it can be made available. If A form cannot be made I will have you email me the answers.

This contest will close on Febuary 28th at 11:59 Est

First the list of Pen makers

The list of pen Makers in no particular order, by their Iap member Id and then their Name. Print the list it will make it easier to sort.

Attention InvisibleMan had to post his pen on another website to satisfy the buyer. His pen match is Pen #4
You now all have one correct answer!:biggrin:

Have Fun!
A-BRobbins629..... Bruce Robbins
B-Crabcreekind..... James Dashel
C-Brooks803....... Jonathon Brooks
D-Sparhawk ..... Hugo Brown
E-johncrane ..... John Crane
F-Jmbaker ..... Justin Baker
G-firewhatfire ..... Phil Morris
H-dgscott ..... Doug Scott
I-Twissy ..... John Twiss
J-Leatherman .... Levi Woodard
K-JohnU .....John Underhill
L-serenitywoodworks....Jason Emory
M-invisible man....Lyle McCulloch
N-DaleandJen.... Dale Penkala
O-JohnGreco....John Greco
P-Fitty ....Mark Fitlin

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The Pens

pen1
IMG_0406.JPG

Pen 2
1(1).jpg

Pen 3
DSCN8050.JPG

Pen 4-Invisibleman
Pen%201.jpg

Pen 5
100_3934.JPG

Pen 6
Amber%20Closed%20smaller.JPG

Pen 7
competition%20pens%20026.JPG

Pen 8

IMG_1717.JPG

Pen 9

100_8763.JPG

Pen 10

DSC02713%20(519x600).jpg

Pen 11

beautrev1.JPG

Pen 12

image(2).jpg

Pen 13

J1.jpg

Pen 14

Elmira-IAP-2a.jpg

Pen 15

entry%201.JPG

Pen 16

NSs.jpg

There you have it 16 pens and makers and one already sorted out for you.

Good Luck!

InvisibleMan

Sorry for the freebie folks:biggrin:. I could have held off, but posted the pen on my site and another before I knew not to.

Ed McDonnell

This is insanely hard. Even going through the library looking at past pens, I didn't guess right on the ones identified in the winner thread. I think my only hope is to go for the most wrong.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Use a dart, coin toss, random numbers picked out of a hat, seek the advice of a psychic!

No entry fee! Nothing to make, Nothing to lose! See how many wags you can get right!

RichF

This one is tough. I recognized the work of 4 of the 5 finalists. I can only be sure on a couple of these. The dart method may just be the best option.

Ed McDonnell

This one is tough. I recognized the work of 4 of the 5 finalists. I can only be sure on a couple of these. The dart method may just be the best option.

I thought I recognized some as well. I now recognize that I recognized nothing....well, except for my own. Throwing all those darts would be a lot of work. Seems like a good application for excel's random function.

Is the entry form still under development or are we emailing?

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jason, You are just so considerate, what a great guy! And he would never never check your answers! :cool: Nice tag line some days I know that feeling.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As a note for the entry when you email it. You can simply make a list a-p and then put the pen number you think corresponds to it, beside it. You can but dont have to spell the names out.

Ed McDonnell

I just emailed my entry and I'm pretty confident that I hit the sweet spot. Not enough for 1st or 2nd, and too many for the consolation prize.:) I considered purposely marking the ones I knew as wrong to increase my chances at the consolation prize, but I figured that I would probably end up with about the same amount right either way. So, I just went with my best guesses.

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I just emailed my entry and I'm pretty confident that I hit the sweet spot. Not enough for 1st or 2nd, and too many for the consolation prize.:) I considered purposely marking the ones I knew as wrong to increase my chances at the consolation prize, but I figured that I would probably end up with about the same amount right either way. So, I just went with my best guesses.

Ed

Hey Ed!!

Based on the comments I have read, have you considered that six or seven RIGHT, MIGHT be a WINNER!!

It will be interesting to see how correct the MOST correct entry will be!!!!

Thanks for playing along---hope everyone enjoys the challenge!!

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Ed

Hey Ed!!

Based on the comments I have read, have you considered that six or seven RIGHT, MIGHT be a WINNER!!

It will be interesting to see how correct the MOST correct entry will be!!!!

Thanks for playing along---hope everyone enjoys the challenge!!

Ed

Hi Ed - I certainly considered the possibility that 6 or 7 might win. Unfortunately, I think I may be topping out in the 3 or 4 range. :frown: That's what I'm calling the sweet spot. Too few to win and too many to get the most wrong consolation. :biggrin: Oh well.

Ed

jmbaker79

list is in, feel pretty good about most of them, So I am sure that will work out splendidly :rolleyes: did make a last minute change, hope it wasnt a bad one!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The contest is closed we have 12 entries . I will post the results later today. After I have coffee and am coherent

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A small round of applause as I have the list of pen makers to their pens.

A-6
B-9
C-10
D-11
E-5
F-13
G-7
H-16
I-1
J-3
K-15
L-2
M-4
N-12
0-14
P-8

Give me a few minutes to check all the lists and I will post the winning entrants.

Top Bottom