Votes: 52 20.1%
  • Pen 5

Votes: 57 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here are the top 5 choices of the judges for The Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen contest.

Choose carefully and vote for the one you think is best.
Pen 1
IMG_1410.JPG

Pen 2
Photo%201%20Capped%20(1).jpg

Pen 3
Bash_Advanced_1_1695.jpg

Pen 4
contest_pen1.jpg

Pen 5
DSC03643.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:Well Haynie has the best answer but not the right one.:biggrin:

When you start a thread with a poll, you cant set up the poll before it posts the thread. So I was still working on getting the poll started while you were standing in line to vote.

Ed McDonnell

Remember - Mike lives in Florida. We know a thing or three about voting and standing in line for polls down here in Florida. Hopefully we won't be dealing with any hanging nibs or bits when the results come in this time....

Ed

jttheclockman

Man I can't believe that feather pen did not make it. Not sure what to vote for on this one. Have to think this one over. Man or machine?????:confused: Congrads to all took part and congrads to the finalists. Good luck

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The pens pictured are numbers 1,7,12,16, and 18 in the photo thread if you wish to review all the photos of the pens in the poll to help make your decision.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank you all for entering. There are some unforgettable pens in the contest. I know a couple I thought were shoe ins didnt make it. ( I dont get to pick them, I just pick the judges)

Last edited:

Brooks803

I don't envy the judges at all! Sad I didn't make top 5 but I can't be too disappointed in this crowd.

Mike, would it be OK to post my pen in the SOYP forum since I'm out of the running?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I had been holding off so that the ones left in the race couldnt be identified. There by swaying the voting.

Pete275

Mike, all of these pens are amazing and I like you am surprised that some didn't make it to the finals. I hope we will find out who made them all at some point. Each and every one of them is an amazing show of artistry and skill. Hope the creators get the credit they deserve.

Wayne

Twissy

No surprise or regrets for not making the last 5, and it was fun taking part. Thanks to Mike and the others for all their effort.
For me there are one or two I thought would be there but aren't (shows what I know:)) but that said the finalists are worthy contenders and I wish them all good luck!

Wait..I didnt make the top 5 either..I know I sent my money to your paypal Mike. So by there being a top 5..the others were not ranked? I see a 6th place Beautiful Pen contest tag going on my signature line.....

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hmmmm I guess there are no rules prohibiting you from claiming 6th place but then so could any of the other entries. Yes! 5 top place contenders and 16 6th place winners!

Triple Crown

It's so hard to choose! I couldn't have whittled them down to five. All of the entries are just awesome! I showed my family and each person picked a different one. I voted, but it was tough! Wow!

Greg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I had expected to see a raft of new signature lines:

2013 runner-up "Most Beautiful Pen contest"!!! If you had an entry and you did not win, were you not a "runner-up"!!

Old joke about a Newspaper editor who owned a horse. Got in a grudge race with one of his nemeses and the newspaper editor's horse lost the two horse race, prompting the headline: "Newsmaker" (horse's name) finishes second in big race, "opponent" (other horse's name) finishes next to last!!!

All in perception!!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Boy... I don't know a) how the judges got to 5 - hard choices! and b) how to decide "Best".. there is some of the pens that excel for different reasons.

I had to go back to my voting standby - which would I buy/like to own.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thank you all for entering. There are some unforgettable pens in the contest. I know a couple I thought were shoe ins didnt make it. ( I dont get to pick them, I just pick the judges)

I think you should have used the Dart Method on the judges. :wink:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
They holler something fierce when they get stuck with a dart! Plus they like to run and hide making it harder to hit them. It costs too much to bribe them with a pint or two so they will sit still.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have had a couple conversations today--Dawn and I have no control over any part of the contest. Everyone has been very cordial and pleasant, but I have no idea who are the judges and Dawn and I are eliminated from judging, because we are sponsors.

There are 21 gorgeous pens!! IF you gave the pictures to 20 penmakers, I believe that no two of those penmakers would pick the same top five!! Everyone did GREAT work!! We thank all the participants and the judges (whoever they may be)!!

Also, most important we thank Mike Redburn who volunteered to "chair" this contest!! Mike has done a phenomenal job and we hope to see a rerun next year!!

In the immortal words of the Chicago Cubs, "Wait'll next year!!"

Congrats to the five finalists---you emerged from a heck of a strong field!!!

Ed

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have approval to host a Pen Matching Compitetiton. I will announce the competition right after the close of the poll on Tuesday the 26th at 5:30 pm. You will have until midnight Feb 28th to get your entry in. There will be a form for you to use. The pictures will be in the same order as they are now with the top 5 removed. There will be a random list of the entrants names. Exotic Blanks will have gift certificates for 1st 2nd and last place. Ties will be settled by random drawing.

There has been one pen published elswhere and it will be announced with the competition giving everyone one correct answer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom