Prize allocation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Will the allocation of contest prizes be made prior to contests being announced? It would be nice to post the prizes with the announcement.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I know that Mike R. has been communication with Ed and Andrew. It's tough to get prizes allocated when we still don't know what the final prize list will be. Prizes are still coming in.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I will finish the spreadsheet today (updated from last Tuesday) and forward it to the "allocation team".

They will decide who gets what----a task I performed until I became concerned that my connection with ExoticBlanks could cause vendors to complain that I was favoring one company above others. I am extremely grateful to Mike Broberg for delegating this to someone else and to Mike Redburn and his assistants for taking this task.

No matter what you do in allocation, someone will feel there was a better way.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I will be able to give you the exact count tonight.

Do we have a final verdict from Constant and Curtis? If so, where can I find it, please (answer by PM if you like)

mbroberg

I've heard nothing from Constant for several days. Don't know what he is going to do.

Curtis is sponsoring the Photo Contest so he will no longer be running it. I am in the process of tweaking last years rules for use this year. I have 4 very qualified judges and am PMing them to see if one of them will take over actually running the thing.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, so how does it work if I am sponsoring a contest? Does that mean that all the prizes for the photo contest are coming from TurnTex or do I just donate prizes of value representing the categories and they get allocated to different contests?

mbroberg

Curtis,

The Photo Contest can be considered one contest with three categories or three separate contests. If you want to sponsor just one of the categories then you need to commit to $75 1st prize, $60 2nd prize and $35 3rd prize. total = $170.00 total prize value.

If you want to sponsor the entire contest, all three categories, then you need to donate 3 of each 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for a total of $510 total prize value.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will sponsor the whole thing, Mike. What I do not quite understand though...do I just commit to prizes of the values mentioned above and they get allocated to all different contests or are all of "my" prizes allocated only to the photo contest? And do I need to donate 9 total prizes or could I theoretically donate one $510 prize and then the allocation happens where it is appropriate? Makes no difference to me, just need to know so I know what and how to donate.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The reason I ask is in the past I have donated a couple of prizes each year that always are in the donation drawing. It has become a tradition so would I need to donate them seperately in addition?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I believe your prizes stay with your contest. They will not go into the general prize pool for allocation.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will be able to give you the exact count tonight.

Do we have a final verdict from Constant and Curtis? If so, where can I find it, please (answer by PM if you like)

I am sponsoring the photo contest so no allocation needed there. I am also donating 2 other items for the donation drawing so it looks like you don't have to do any work on my behalf this year!

Top Bottom