Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Jim,
Did you get the back strap? Please tell me you didn't leave it behind.[;)]

M

Mudder

Sadly, It is considered poaching in Connecticut but I must agree with Fritz on this one.

Originally posted by fritzmccorkle
<br />ol' fritz says if no one saw ya, it didn't happen.

Daniel

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />In other words, you should let the animal rot on the side of the road rather than any of it be used. Sigh!!

Sad but true. the thinking behind this is that if you can claim a deer that was hit by a vehicle. you will end up with people taking old clunkers and running deer down all over the place. It still does not make a lot of since considering I've never seen alot of deer standing in the road waiting to get ran down. but that is the thinking anyway. When I was very young I remember my father hitting a deer. he called the game warden himself, after considerable effort to get the number. drove to the site with them. and they had someone that they gave the Meat to so it was not wasted. If more people didn't just drive away maybe there could be more sensable laws.

jkoehler

Up here ( in Ontario ) I don't know what the rules are.
I know my brother-in-law sometimes is visited by or called by the local police to go and pick up some fresh roadkill ( just deer ).
he has gotten quite a few this way.
I guess it pays to be friends with the police.
they have a list of people that will pick up the road kill.
my theory is make use of it rather than waste it.
i know if i hit something and the vehicle was still drivable, i would throw it in the back.

fritzmccorkle

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />In other words, you should let the animal rot on the side of the road rather than any of it be used. Sigh!!

Sad but true. the thinking behind this is that if you can claim a deer that was hit by a vehicle. you will end up with people taking old clunkers and running deer down all over the place. It still does not make a lot of since considering I've never seen alot of deer standing in the road waiting to get ran down. but that is the thinking anyway. When I was very young I remember my father hitting a deer. he called the game warden himself, after considerable effort to get the number. drove to the site with them. and they had someone that they gave the Meat to so it was not wasted. If more people didn't just drive away maybe there could be more sensable laws.

fritzmccorkle

i sure messed that up....this is what i wanted to say.

this would probably lead to stricter used car laws and perhaps a waiting period on clunkers. "they can have my clunker when they pry it from my cold dead fingers" right?

Dario

I think they made it illegal to actually protect the public. Some people may collect a deer (or other animal), eat it and get food poisoning!!!

Just my thoughts.

Rifleman1776

It is illegal in most places to discourage people from shooting from the roadside, especially at night (that's poaching/spotlighting) then claiming they hit it and shot to put out of misery. Also, roadkills cannot be counted otherwise be counted or recorded for game commissions to study. I agree with those laws. Unless the deer has a really big rack and I'm the one that finds it. [:p][:)][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom