Your running for fun?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
GREAT EFFORT Phil!!! I suspect there are many more aspects of your life that have gotten better from this.

Very inspiring. (Now if you could just turn a nice pen...) :tongue::tongue::tongue:

bobleibo

Phil,
CONGRATULATIONS! You stuck with it and now look at the difference. WOW is all I can say.....
Never forget, no matter how slow you go, you're still going faster than sitting on the couch~
Cheers!
Bob

Last edited:

seamus7227

wow! I just feel honored to know that i sometimes try to compete with you on fitbit! Well done and great story! I knew as i began to read that there was a believer behind the story!

I admire you guys that can do that... I have a daughter in her early 50's that is a marathoner... she's slowed some in the past 10-15 years since she was knocked off her bike by a car and cracked a couple of vertebra in her lower back, but she still walks and rides her bike in loooong bike races... she lives just south of Santa Cruz in No-Cal and thinks nothing of jumping on her bike and riding it to Monteray -- about 40 miles away.

Last time I remember running was about 1962 or 3... I was riding with my brother in law on his delivery route in Oklahoma when we stopped to watch a service station fire... the underground tank exploded and put a fire ball 60-100 feet in the air... my BIL was yelling run- run - but I couldn't hear him, I was too far down the road.... I think we actually ran about two blocks past his truck and I waited where I was while he went back to get it.

firewhatfire

Thanks all,

The encouragement and positive response I have gotten from this has been far exceeding of any expectations I have ever had. My goal is to continue on, hopefully inspiring others while progressing towards better health and if possible longer distances.

The detail I left out of that article is what the Triple Crown is. 3 half marathons in an 8 week period.

Phil

jyreene

firewhatfire

I might be ready to run half the distance you marines run before breakfast by then. Yall run about a 1000 miles a day.

when do you get back? They are on Sept 26 in Irondale Alabama, October 18 in Chattanooga Tn and November 23 in Birmingham al.

The detail I left out of that article is what the Triple Crown is. 3 half marathons in an 8 week period.

Phil

I'd join you once I get back! If it was possible.

You have plenty of time to train, 2018.

jyreene

I might be ready to run half the distance you marines run before breakfast by then. Yall run about a 1000 miles a day.cdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffbcdfc3cdffb

Lol, I am more odd than most Marines with my love of running.

Top Bottom