Your EBAY Pictures WILL BE COPIED....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

palmermethod

THIS IS NO JOKE. PROTECT YOUR EBAY PICTURES.
You are automatically giving permission for any Ebay seller to copy any of your auction photos. UNLESS you follow these instructions.....

From http://www.powersellersunite.com/

"Warning:eBay will be using photos without creator permission
Posted by psunite on Aug 2009, Thu 06, 6:19 | Comments (77)
Starting on August 31st, eBay is going to institute a new policy where photos you upload to any listing are put into a "catalog" of online images that any eBay user can then use for their own listings. The default setting for this is opt-in, which is a problem if you, like me, consider your photographs your property and want to control how they are used and by whom. A copyright notice is posted with a link to your user profile, but no additional information is given, and the link is quite small.

Since the default setting is opt-in, and eBay has not sent messages out about this, a lot of people are going to be caught flat-footed by this new policy.

Again, the default for this setting is YES, you have opted in. Meaning "Yes, I will allow eBay to make my photos available for anyone to use."

If you do not want eBay to make the photos you upload to all of your future auctions available to other users in a sort of catalog process, you need to go change your settings now, before August 31st. If you opt out after then, any photos you upload between the 31st and when you opt out will still be eligible for inclusion in their "catalog."

In order to opt out of this so-not-okay process, do the following. I've broken it down exhaustively. Hopefully your eBay pages look like mine.
more.. link to news article"

Comment:
Just one more reason to rethink using Ebay. :angry:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GPDMTR25

Thanks so much for the info.

I went to my Ebay and it was also set to yes so I followed your instruction and now it's no :)

Top Bottom