You meet the nicest people at pen shows!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I visited the Dallas Pen show and was overwhelmed with all the pens. This was my first pen show and I didn't really know what to expect. The ballroom was packed and there were so many vintage and new pens that if one were in the market to purchase a pen, they had their work cut out for them.

I met several interesting folks, one, a fellow named Stan Pfeiffer, had a collection of pens that was the most impressive I have seen and gave me a real education on pen memorabilia. I learned that he is good friends with Fred Krinke from L.A., another pen expert I met last year in Los Angeles and I learned that Stan runs the LA Pen Show, an event I will be sure to make next February.

I also chatted with a few fellow pen turners, got a lead on buying some pen clips in bulk and I got a chance to meet and talk with Chris Thompson from Tulsa, a fellow forum member and outstanding pen maker. It was nice to see first hand some of the pens he has posted on the forum and his Duofold replicas were in the league with the big name pen manufacturers. I hope to be as good some day with my pen making!

Of all the pens I saw, I came very close to spending an insane amount on a vintage Conklin crescent filler but after thinking about it for a while, decided to try and make a replica myself. This way, I would have a pen in perfect working order and the satisfaction of making it myself. Wish me luck!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds like your time was well spent George . Hope I can make the trip someday . Best of luck with the replica . I would love to see it upon completion . Thank you for telling us about your visit to the show .

Top Bottom