Yearly Event----Lord Baltimore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

For several years I have been posting a pic of my wife standing next to this flower.
Today is the first day that several flowers open at the same time.
The flower is a Lord Baltimore----it will bloom till the first frost--as long as we get some rain.
Flowers a 12 inchs across.
Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• margie2.jpg
    margie2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Thanks Cav----my Puter desk over looks the front yard and I get to watch her all summer---right now we have baby Bluebirds learning to fly---their house sits just in front of the flowers.
Guess I am easy to entertain-----:)

TBone

Gary, that's a great picture. Thanks for sharing. Nothing wrong with being entertained by watching bluebirds growing up. We had some last year, haven't seen any this year though.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gary, I am a bird and bloom lover as well. I love sitting on my deck/porch and watching the Am gold finches, hummingbirds and all the others. We have a flock of wild turkeys that is made up of three hens and their collective broods that walks through the back yard and stops by my squirrel feeder each morning to feed on the squirrels' scraps. I wouldn't trade a good view for anything except maybe a better view!!

I may have to look into the Lord Baltimore and see if it can survive in PA.

Gary Max

It is the Largest Hibiscus---all I know is ----Lord Baltimore
I bought it off ebay after seeing one in person.
You cut it off at the ground every year when the first frost hits and that's all we ever do.

Top Bottom