Woodsmith and ShopNotes ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Just curious, does anyone read/get/have these?

I have a PILE of back issues of Woodsmith, and several years of ShopNotes as well. I see them on sites occasionally on sale as sets, but it seems no one gets much for them.

They're great mags for someone who does a lot of "flat work", but I don't recall seeing much (if any) about turning.

I don't remember anyone around here mentioning them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Martin G

I have a bunch, all the way back to the first issue. You're right though, not much turning in them. I've kept them because they're a great resource for the other sorts of woodworking I do. I've been thinking of buying the digital version though to save space and to be able to put them on my tablet.

jttheclockman

I have those along with a ton more of woodworking magazines. I too am trying to get rid of them but do not want to throw out. I have since stopped just about all woodworking magazines because they all basically did the same tests and same projects and the tips were all the same too. Took me awhile to figure this out. :)

wood-of-1kind

I recently threw out about 4 years worth of Woodsmith edition as they were taking up valuable space. Did not even bother to get 'pennies' on each monthly edition. As someone previously mentioned in their post, with a very affordable 'digital' edition being available it's just not worth collecting paper magazine. They do provide excellent information as far as flat work goes.

robersonjr

I gave my boxes and boxes of wood working magazines to the local, school shop teacher, we both made out.

Top Bottom