Wood Snob?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmichris

Last night I was working on a Cigar Pen, when my 17yo son came in and said "hey Dad nice pen what kind of wood is that?" to which I replied "It's only rosewood". I am afraid that I am turning into a wood snob after working with woods like Amboyna Burl among others, does anyone know where I can get therapy for this problem?:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I went through that...thinking that burls or figured woods is the only way to go only to realize now that each wood have its own inate beauty.

That said, I have a few favorite woods that covers the range of characteristics that I found most appealing. I am surprised that only about half of it is burl.

angboy

Sorry to say... but I think this is a hopeless case, that myself or any of my peers would be foolish to take on and think we could make a difference in this man's life! [V]

The only treatment options are (1) for him to send me all of the pieces of wood that are causing him to be such a snob, so that he can then just hang out with lowly other pieces of wood and I can protect him from the snobby wood, or (2) for him to send me all of the pieces of wood he finds himself applying that descriptor of "it's only..." to. Option 1 has been shown through numerous scientific studies (don't ask me to cite them!) to be much more effective and it would be my recommendation to follow that treatment plan, but if the patient is unwilling to do that, then at a minimum option #2 should be followed! [;)][;)]

Thumbs

Actually, he could send either or both to the <b>B.W.S.S.</b> to be held till sometime in the future when he feels more capable of dealing with this problem. I've helped many others in their times of need and difficulty. I'm always ready and willing to aid my fellow members as needed.

[}:)][}:)][;)][:p][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom