Wood Gloat: Cherry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtate

So I went on a little road trip and, while taking a walk in Monterey, Tennessee, I heard that sound that is music to our ears ---- the whine of a chain saw! Turns out the guy had felled several trees, maple, cherry and mulberry and I got a chunk of each. He sliced the cherry crotch for me as well as slicing off a piece of maple with several limbs coming out of it. I think I can get about four bowls from the cherry (two from each side of the sliced piece). Who knows what I'll get from the maple! The mulberry has already made one bowl and I'm letting the rest of the piece dry a bit before I try another one from it.

DSCN9666.jpg

Cherry crotch wood

DSCN9664.jpg

Maple

DSCN9663.jpg

Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

wasn't it just a week or so ago that another member was trying to peddle some ash in one of the forums? This place is getting pretty randy!!!;)[}:)]

jtate

I hate to be a bad influence on your boys, but I do want to remind any Middle Tennesseans that they can have as much of my ash as they want if they'll just help me with the chain saw.

And you can take that however you wat to take it.

Julia

GoodTurns

Originally posted by jtate

I hate to be a bad influence on your boys, but I do want to remind any Middle Tennesseans that they can have as much of my ash as they want if they'll just help me with the chain saw.

And you can take that however you wat to take it.

Julia

My wife is even LOL!

alamocdc

Originally posted by GoodTurns

wasn't it just a week or so ago that another member was trying to peddle some ash in one of the forums? This place is getting pretty randy!!!;)[}:)]

Thanks, Jon, now I have to clean up my new monitor. [:0]

Originally posted by jtate

Julia, you little tease, you. I almost found myself wishing I still lived in Tennessee.;)

This is going downhill fast so I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Top Bottom