wood gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

I was going to my shop last Sat. when I saw two signs for yard sales in a gated community. I usually ignore yard sales but something told me to go so I turned around a went found nothing I wanted but as I was driving around I saw a big hunk of wood in a gully so went down to look and found this mesquite root burl and a smaller piece of wood also. Wish I had a bigger lathe so I could turn the whole thing into a bowl. They are setting on my tail gate so you can get an idea of their size.

Attachments

• aafound1.jpg
    aafound1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 188
  • aafound2.jpg
    aafound2.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 186
  • aafound3.jpg
    aafound3.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I'm sure if you explained to your wife what a shame it would be to have to cut up such a great piece of wood she would understand and let you purchase the proper sized lathe. Be sure to let me know how it works out so I can safely try it out on my wife. I don't want to be the first to go down that road.

triw51

I'm sure if you explained to your wife what a shame it would be to have to cut up such a great piece of wood she would understand and let you purchase the proper sized lathe. Be sure to let me know how it works out so I can safely try it out on my wife. I don't want to be the first to go down that road.

My wife is all for me getting a new lathe but I need to earn the money selling pens and bowls (Seems like supplies and tools keeps my funds low). I should start getting my SS payments in July so will use that to supplement my sales.

Top Bottom