Wood Burning Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I have buddy that had to abruptly stop working due to a medical issue. Home all day and looking for a hobby/interest (no turning). He is trying Sketching. I suggested he tinker with wood burning. I'd like to buy him a starter kit....Do not know where to start. Can I get something for $25-50? Thanks, Frank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Loucurr

Going to be hard to find a decent one for that budget. Might want to try fleaBay or AliExpress.

TonyL

my wife and i attend many craft shows at the end of the year. those that practice that hobby (that we spoke to) seem to get a $50 to $200 one at one of the hobby/craft stores using a 40% off coupon. I am sure there are folks that use a lot more expensive ones. i know your looking for a brand and model; i don't have one. they also all talked about the variety of tips they use.

Talltim

I did woodburning back when I was into bird and nature carving. You will have a hard time getting a good one at that price.

I would avoid the soldering iron cheapies unless he wants hot hands and the Cub Scout plaque look.

To get one that would make him happy for awhile will start in the 120 and up category. (You are a real friend)

To be best friends for life will cost you in the 2-300 range.

You can get them on sale:

Some good brands to look at.

Colwood

Razertip

Burnmaster

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

WriteON

I did woodburning back when I was into bird and nature carving. You will have a hard time getting a good one at that price.

I would avoid the soldering iron cheapies unless he wants hot hands and the Cub Scout plaque look.

To get one that would make him happy for awhile will start in the 120 and up category. (You are a real friend)

To be best friends for life will cost you in the 2-300 range.

You can get them on sale:

Some good brands to look at.

Colwood

Razertip

Burnmaster

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Thanks. Understood. He's a quality person.... might buy him a gift.

bsshog40

I bought a TRUArt Wood and Leather Pyrography Pen Set for about $50 on ebay. It works just fine. Did the tabletop with it. I also did the Indian plaque with one just as similar.

Attachments

• table stool.jpg
    table stool.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5288.jpg
    IMG_5288.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom