Won't be turning for a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Just so let you know I'm still here but I've been having computer and internet problems so I have been posting...I think I have the problems fixed and a new problems came up this morning while I was turning...the motor on my HF lathe started smoking I turned the lathe off right a way...I guess the motor is shot because when I try to turn it on it pops the breaker. I been having other issues as well with a noise coming from the headstock bearings so I guess it's time for a whole new lathe. I have to say the HF lathe did serve me well over the last few years.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

csr67

Consider yourself lucky the HF lasted a few years. Many go bad a lot quicker than that. Get the reasonably priced Rikon 70-100 and you won't be disappointed!

Cwalker935

You might want to check out craigslist if you decide a replacement is in order. Saw this one in Ashland if you are looking for a mini-lathe, seems like a decent deal. You might have a loy more options in the beach area.

Rikon mini lathe

Dan, my neighbor (turns mostly small vessels and ornaments) just had a Delta lathe die, and he replaced with the Rikon 70-100, he likes it quite a bit. The 12in swing will be an upgrade from your HF lathe, and likely a better motor as well.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I took a look at the bearings in the headstock. I one on the MT end in coming apart inside...I think that's why I was getting noise. I'm not sure what to do with it but I guess I'll keep it....I could have a boat one day. Maybe I should start a "Buy Dan a Rikon 70-100 lathe fund" just kidding :):):)

Reactions: TDE
Top Bottom