Wondering about a past forum member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I have found my self in a rut as of late. I grumped at someone the other day and in hind site realize I could have been talking to myself. That got me thinking about people on this forum who inspired me and George Butcher was one.

I was wondering what happened to him. Anyone know?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Do you mean Texatdurango?

Last time I talked to him was the Ohio Pen show in Dublin. He told me then that he just did not participate in the forum any longer. I think there were other reasons as to why but I would not want to put word in his mouth. I am not sure how he can be reached unless he has an email address connected to his account somewhere.

He is a pretty nice guy though. I enjoy his article on Fountain pen section making.

Haynie

Yep that's him. I had a couple questions for him but I might be able to dig them out of the articles and posts.

Jgrden

Hey, I am always around. skin pretty thick after bring on the San Luis Obispo Rent Review Board. First and LAST attempt at politics. Ran for school board in Victor Valley and lost. Good thing, they had many issues that caused allot of bad publicity. So the message is, I can take it as long as I understand where you are coming from. But maybe that is the issue.

LanceD

Hey, I am always around. skin pretty thick after bring on the San Luis Obispo Rent Review Board. First and LAST attempt at politics. Ran for school board in Victor Valley and lost. Good thing, they had many issues that caused allot of bad publicity. So the message is, I can take it as long as I understand where you are coming from. But maybe that is the issue.

???????? Don't understand.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
George always had lots of great information when he was around. Another that I was hoping would make a comeback was Butch.

Yep, I miss Butch too. There are so many gone......( or very rare visitors )
Butch, George, Cav, Lou, Rollerbob, Gerry, the Cat, Jeff the scroller, loads of others to, many of the old Brit and Aussie members too.:frown:

KenV

The "Reaper" has taken some, an some have gone on to other challenges.

For example, Keith Larrett has developed an international reputation for his turning, especially embellishment with pewter. He was a demonstrator at the last AAW Symposium.

It is hard to fault a turner for moving to where he sees the growth and challenges. We have benefited from the time they spent with us, an the ideas they have shared.

Haynie

Yep, I have appreciated your help. Thanks a bunch. Politics suck. I think I have figured out what I needed from old posts. We'll see.

beck3906

For those wondering about George Butcher.....
He's alive and well and making some great custom pens.

Attachments

• george1.jpg
    george1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom