Winning kids of the Youth contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Hey there winners....... Just a request from me.

I sure would like to see you post a "Thank you" to the members that donated to the contests. A picture of you with your winnings would be nice. And then if you can, post some of your pens you made with the new blanks you received.

Show the members what you have turned....... It will mean a lot to them and give them even more reasons to willingly donate again.

Congrats to you all.

jonjon

My prize box arrived this afternoon. I am very happy with what I received.

34 great wood blanks....WoW!
4 cast blanks including a feather blank
2 Pen kits and bushings
2 Flashlights
1 IAP Tears of Joy crying towel. (it all comes down to attitude.)

It is great to get a prize. It is even better when the prize contains more than you anticipated. A BIG THANK-YOU to the Minnesota Chapter of the IAP for sponsoring the prize. I am very happy and will be turning for a long time.

Thanks again Stonepecker for all of your organizing time.

Attachments

• prize pic.JPG
    prize pic.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

PenGoblin

I received my box in the mail today from a drawing and I'm really excited to see how a lot of this stuff turns out! I got 12 wood blanks, 3 segmented blanks, and 4 casted (2 feather and 2 marbled paper I think). I'm super excited to turn all these when I finally have the chance!! Thank you so much to everyone who donated stuff. These are some quality blanks and, I know I've already said this twice, I am super super hyped to get these on the lathe!
fd5ca8fc15467c8f461b5bc279e8cc22.jpg

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

t-celuzza

My box of blanks came in the mail a day or two ago and all of them seem really cool! I haven't been able to turn any of them because the belt on my lathe broke, but now that we have a new belt, I'm very excited to turn some of them. There are 16 wood blanks in all, many of which I've never seen including sucupira, Burmese Rosewood, and spalted poplar. There was also a card where I can get some "very different pen blanks," so I'm also excited to see what I'll get from that. Thank you to everyone who donated to this contest so much and especially Stonepecker for organizing the contest. I can't wait to put some of the on the lathe!
ba44107e739a6d0a38e8494912a86042.jpg

Top Bottom