Wife's thoughts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Linarestribe

Great points. I always remember that He first loved us and that I have been adopted into His family. Coming from foster-care and never being wanted I cling to His adoption. My wife and I are just starting the process and look forward who comes into are family.

On a side note: Have you seen the animated movie Meet the Robinson's. It is a powerful story of adoption. Good luck holding back the tears.

Jorge

Jim Smith

I think that your wife expressed herself beautifully. You can't really explain or understand the love of a child until you've experienced it. My wife and I were blessed with two beautiful children. When they were ages 10 (daughter) and 8 (son) we decided to adopt another child. We had a wonderful family and we wanted to share it with a child who was not as fortunate. At the time (24 years ago), it was more difficult to adopt a child. The "authorities" wanted us to try foster care instead of adoption. Neither my wife or I wanted to go that route. We were afraid that we would bring a child into our family, fall in love with that child and then have the "authorities" come to us and say something along the lines of "The child's mother is out of rehab and we're going to place the child back in her care." I could just picture the live-in boyfriend and the abuse and neglect cycle that would start all over again. We ended up adopting a beautiful six year old boy from Korea. He was a bit of a challange as he was (and still is) one of the most stuborn people I've ever met. That being said, we love him every bit as much as our two "biological" children. He became my fishing buddy and we are very close with all of our children. He is now the proud daddy of three of his own beautiful boys who we are teaching to fish. Adoption may not be for everyone, but I can assure you that God has given us the gift of love and you will soon love your new adopted child every bit as much as your other children and you will treasure the experience of adoption. God bless and good luck.

Jim Smith

edavisj316

I have been on a journey with a family in our church that has lasted for about a year. Last year in November I led our church to observe Nation Orphan Sunday. As part of this event we did a "Day in the life off" simulation during the evening service time. Julie was key in putting all of this together. The last part of the evening simulation was to bring the church back together for a "So what" time. I do this at the end of my sermons. I give the congregation one or two practical ways to apply the whole message.

One of the so what's was to take a picture of an orphan and pray for this child. Julie brought home a picture of a little girl in China by the name of Hannah. After a few weeks, her entire family concluded that they were supposed to adopt this little girl.

Several months later God opened their hearts to another girl. Sara is 13 and will soon age out of the system. It was not long until the Agee's were not adopting one child but two. They started with just a couple pictures. But on Thursday, Ben & Julie along with their adopted child, Leighanne and son Zach will leave for China to get their two new sisters. And by the way, they will be leaving behind their oldest two sons, Austin & Jordan.

For the Christian Adoption is more than growing your family. It is missions in action. God has called all of us to make disciples of Christ for the glory of the Father. And a very real and practical way to do that is adoption. Adoption is a beautiful picture of God's love for us. God only has one natural Son. The rest of us are adopted! When you adopt, you are truly in touch with the heart of God.

God bless you as you continue on this journey. Here is the link to the Agee's blog. Maybe it will bless you as much as it has blessed me to watch them go on this journey. And there is a story of trust in the faithfulness of God that everyone needs to hear.

http://godisuptosomething.blogspot.com/

Hubert H

We adopted 34 years ago. Five "WONDERFUL" grands today. We sure have been blessed. I agree with the last two paragraphs - thanks for sharing. HWH

robersonjr

Eric, I can tell you from personal experience that Love overrides everything. I have an adopted son, one of the loves of my life. He carries my name (first and last). I could not be more proud of him even if he was my flesh and bone. I also married into a ready made family plus my wife and I also had a little girl. For me it was a great learning curve but as I love kids, it was not a very difficult journey. All our children called me Dad and still do. When they had problems, I was their first to ask and I thank God that each time I was able to help. Yes they are all grown now and have lives and children of their own but they are still my kids. We had a wonderful life together and plan on having many more wonderful years to share. I am in my 60's now but do share many great days with my grandchildren always look forward to their visits. Yes I am a proud Father and grandfather 5 kids, 1 adopted 1 my flesh and three by marrage but all mine. My wife Edith and I now have 15 grandchildren and love has no bounds. Enjoy life, enjoy kids, have your own, adopt it doesn't make any difference they are to love, teach, enjoy and will fill your life with awe. Proud Father Robbie

Buzzzz4

Great points. I always remember that He first loved us and that I have been adopted into His family. Coming from foster-care and never being wanted I cling to His adoption. My wife and I are just starting the process and look forward who comes into are family.

On a side note: Have you seen the animated movie Meet the Robinson's. It is a powerful story of adoption. Good luck holding back the tears.

Jorge

We watched it with the kids tonight. Wow, great movie and yes, it had us in tears at moments. Thanks.

ghostrider

I've been checking that blog every once-n-awhile after following it from your signature here. Here comments always inspire some sort of thought that makes a connection. This last post resonates with me as my sister was adopted, and I've never thought of her as anything other than my sister. She was adopted before I was born, and the "blood" connection that many people speak of from time to time just doesn't compute with me because my experience is the total opposite. The only time we ever considered her as "not exactly one of "us"", was when we had to explain to friends and classmates why she was better looking than me. :biggrin: About the only time I ever think of her as, "adopted" is when the topic of adoption, or "non-blood" children comes up. People often say, "It's different if the children are not blood.", but based on my experience, I can't help but think in response, "That's more on you, not the blood." Of course, that isn't something to say to someone (such conviction is way too offensive), but I've lived a life of "Non-boilogical/biological family", and know differently, which leads me to believe that such thoughts about non-biological children being different than biological ones are attributed to personal choice, not blood. (Eric, we can discuss more of this in person some day).

BTW.

Your wife might want to know that I showed her blog to my mother last weekend, and she liked it. She especially commented on the writing style.

Top Bottom