Why do I do this to myself??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

I have an "Exotic" Hardwood store 2 minutes down the street from my work. Somtimes if I do not have anything to do on my lunch I will go down and see what they have. Today of note they had.

3 50lb Snakewood logs (They sell it by the pound.)
A bunch of super curly Euciliptus
A Crate of Desert Ironwood.
3 40Lb Afzalia burls
3 40lb Amboyna burls

Today I managed to get out with only a big chunk of Pink Myrtle Burl, but I had him hold some of the Afzalia and Amboyna for me until tomorrow. The LOML is going to kill me:D

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

WOW, I'm jealous! Nothing like that around here (that I know of). I'd have a tough time walking out of there with only a "big chunk" of burl too!

Ryan

Well Guys,

That is why I do NOT have a credit card. Every time I walk out of there I keep thinking to myself I have to sell more pens.[:D] I don't think there is a rosewood that they do not have. The even have the East Indian Rosewood. It is the most expensive stuff they have in the whole place at $43.50 a bft.

Ryan

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Ryan
<br />The even have the East Indian Rosewood. It is the most expensive stuff they have in the whole place at $43.50 a bft.

Ryan

You could possibly get 24 blanks out of a bft. That would be $1.81 per blank[;)]

Chuckie

wayneis

Ryan I know what you mean, I have a saw mill twenty minutes from my home and they import a lot of exotics and then mill everything themselves. I can't even guess how many pay checks I've left there. They also carry a lot of wood working tools and everything and anything that a kid could ever want, a big kid anyways. I'd love to see the pink myrtle burl if you get a chance to post pics.

Wayne

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Woodbutcher, that is a new definition of Direct Deposit.[:D]
I used to open a friends shoe store a couple of mornings a week and did it. I always bought top of the line work boots and I still get the "employee" 40% discount.

Scott

Hi Ryan,

Is it MacBeath you go to? I seem to drop a bundle every time I'm there. If it's a different place I'd love to know about it! I'll be down that way again on the 17th, and I'm looking for wood to make cane handles out of.

Scott.

Ryan

Wayne,

I will try to put some pic's of the pink myrtle up soon as I have some blanks cut up now.

Scott,

Yep you guessed it. Give me a call on the 17th if you are down there around noon and we can spend lunch time drooling.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom