Why am I posting at 4:15AM??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Dang .... it's going on two weeks now that I've had the flu. I've been to the doctor twice and was put on antibiotics. Then, I went back to see a different doctor a couple of days ago. I'm just completely wiped out . . . . exhausted. To make matters worse, I can't seem to sleep at night.

I'm sick of being sick.:(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Heya Doc... guess it's a Georgia thing cause I have had it too for over 2 weeks... now all I have is clogged sinuses and some sort of crap rattling around in my chest making me cough at night....

If you find some magic cure please let me know... I haven't found anything yet [xx(]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Al,

All too often we call a 72 hour "bug" the flu. We are simply being foolish when we do so. The genuine flu kicks your butt for a long time. There isn't much to do but ride it out. The biggest mistake is to be dedicated to your job like you are and try to get back to work too soon as that will likely relapse you.

I know the vaccines aren't perfect, but it is a damn fine idea to get your yearly flu vaccine. Health care workers, teachers, the elderly and others who come in contact with large numbers of people are high on the list of those who really, really should get the vaccine.

wudnhed

Maybe some of the meds are having an adverse affect on you and keeping you awake. Try a shot of Nyquil before bedtime. Hope you get to feeling better soon:(

johncrane

Sorry too here that your crock DOC! if Serge remedy don't work try mine pour a bottle of beer into a pot then put three table spoons of sugar into the beer heat it up and stir it all up then drink it hot then go off to bed. cheers!;):D

airrat

Al I hope you feel better soon. Just remember we are all your friends and can give you a wake up call if you think you might sleep in. I think your phone would ring at least 3000 times. [:eek:)]:D

BTW I just got home from work a couple hours ago. That was from going in yesterday, I have to go back in 2 hours. I hate it when mother nature decides to have nasty thunderstorms that show up as all yellow and red on the radar. We had flights arriving from Chicago at 4am (should have been no later then midnight).

palmermethod

Originally posted by wudnhed

... Try a shot of Nyquil before bedtime. Hope you get to feeling better soon:(

The new NYQUIL formula doesn't have the same ingredients it used to have. Won't put you to sleep. A safety issue for children. Too bad. That was a great drug.

Verne

Doc, hope you get to feeling better. I was up at 4:30 but couldn't hardly read your post, let alone post an answer. No problems, just time for me to get up.
Vern

rlharding

Al & Marc,
Are you sure it's the flu? It might also be allergies - even if you haven't suffered from them before.

Take care and sleep when you can.

MobilMan

Try Theraflu. It normally helps. As hot as you can stand it--chug & hit the sack. One warning- lot's don't like the taste. Me, I thought I could stand anything until I got hold of the orange theraflu. That will rot the shoes plum off of you. Use the lemon.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by rlharding

Al & Marc,
Are you sure it's the flu? It might also be allergies - even if you haven't suffered from them before.

Take care and sleep when you can.

Really not sure to be honest... but I had a fever for a couple of days and then the congestion and now the lungs full of krud...

No clue... it is getting better, but slooooowwww.... never been sick this long ever in my life...

Randy_

Originally posted by wdcav1952

I know the vaccines aren't perfect, but it is a damn fine idea to get your yearly flu vaccine. Health care workers, teachers, the elderly and others who come in contact with large numbers of people are high on the list of those who really, really should get the vaccine.

So very true!! Sadly the guys who compound the vaccine guessed wrong this year and the vaccine is only about 40% effective this year. I think I read that they hit on only two of the seven flu types that they anticipated??

An awful lot of folks underestimate the seriousness of the flu. The CDC estimates the flu and related problems kill about 36,000 people, yearly, most of whom are very young or very old, although to be fair, there some folks who believe the CDC figures are significantly overstated.

As a young buck, I was healthy as a horse and if I even contracted it at all, it only put me down for a day or two. As the years piled on, I got the flu more frequently and it was usually a week long or more of total misery!! I finally decided to start taking a flu shot and have hadn't gotten it since. People are different, of course, so others may not have the same experience; but i am 100% sold on the value of getting the annual shot even if it isn't perfect.

One of the more common complications of the flu is pneumonia. I just learned recently that there is a shot for it as well. It is 2-3 times the cost of the flu shot; but is good for 10 years!! I got one of those too.

Al: You have my sympathy. Once you have the flu, one only effective shots are the ones Darley suggested! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Top Bottom