Who says birds do not have personality

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

We left the house around 7:30 AM, and just got home (10:30 PM). Well my wife went in one of our daughters rooms to see if our Hahn Macaw was up. Well I hear the bird in a very stern voice telling my wife she's a "good girl" and a "pretty bird". It was unlike any way the bird has talked before, you could hear she was ticked. I was laughing, and Kelly brought the bird into me, and she was very sweet telling me she was a pretty bird and a good bird and hello....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Some birds have a good sense of intelligence too. I had a strange incident with a hummingbird a few years ago and then decided to check through an internet search and found a couple of others who experienced the same thing: I was in the kitchen looking out the window at our back yard. The hummingbird feeder was a good 60 feet away. A hummingbird flew up to it, flew around it a couple of times and then flew up to the window and looked me in the face and flew back to the feeder. I knew what it wanted and went an put some sweet liquid in the feeder.

I know that this isn't about a specific personality like your bird has but it was interesting. As to the personalities of some birds, I have seen it and some are quite partial to a particular family member in the way they act!

sbwertz

When I was a kid we had a canary that we used to let out of his cage to fly around the house sometimes. We would always put the cat outside before we let the bird out, and the cat would sit on the porch looking in the kitchen window. The naughty bird would fly over and strut up and down in front of the window, scolding the cat. Nearly drove that poor cat nuts.

JRK

There was a mocking bird in our neighborhood years ago. The bird liked peanut butter. When you would whistle the bird would fly over to get some peanut butter, we would just spread a little on the bird bath.

If the bird was hungry and there was no peanut butter it would land on the telephone line and fuss at us from above. It made a kind of buzzing sound.

The bird was around for three or four years and would get pretty close to us at times.

Jerry

Paul in OKC

Yep, sure do! My daughter has a cockatiel, loves her, my wife, my daughter. Looks at me and my son like, don't you try anything buddy! If I pt my finger out to him it is something to bite :)

Top Bottom