Who Says???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

You can't get a good deal at Woodcraft? I just got back from a lunch time trip to my local woodcraft. They had a whole bunch of burls on a table for decent prices. there was a 3"x3"x12" piece of Afzelia burl at a weight of 48.8 ounces marked at over $63. How much would you pay for this piece usually? Well, I paid $25!! That's a good deal, right? Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, so I'm going to take my buy and go home and make some pens!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

huntersilver

Sometimes I find they will have a good sale on some things. I got
a slow grinder at a great price. But in general I think of them of as the Macys of woodworking supplies.

Dario

That's a steal!

I've never seen such deal at my local Woodcraft. I can't afford any of their wood...even the regular ones [V]

airrat

Just left my local woodcraft and they had Mexican Ironwood for $10 a pound I belive. Sad part was it was all cracked and not worth it in my opinion. I dug through the entire box.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by airrat
<br />Just left my local woodcraft and they had Mexican Ironwood for $10 a pound I belive. Sad part was it was all cracked and not worth it in my opinion. I dug through the entire box.
They've got desert ironwood for $5/pound at my woodcraft.

Bob A

I looked at Woodcraft's wood supply the first time I went in there. I was shocked at the prices and don't ever venture to that part of the store anymore. But I guess after hearing your story I should at least browse a little from now on.

dubdrvrkev

I never get wood from there, but one time I did get a nice front vise for $10, but I kick myself for passing on the end vise that was $15 (IIRC). Then I could have three unmounted vises, or is that vices [;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />I never get wood from there, but one time I did get a nice front vise for $10, but I kick myself for passing on the end vise that was $15 (IIRC). Then I could have three unmounted vises, or is that vices [;)]

Yes. [:D]

woodbutcher

I hate to admit to this but I just picked up some fantastic hardwood at the local dump. Filled my F-150 about half up. Spent the last 2 days turning just a few pieces. The wood is freshly cut and is just plain beautiful,
Jim

Woodnknots

Originally posted by woodbutcher
<br />I hate to admit to this but I just picked up some fantastic hardwood at the local dump. Filled my F-150 about half up. Spent the last 2 days turning just a few pieces. The wood is freshly cut and is just plain beautiful,
Jim
Never feel bad about getting free wood!! That is actually a pretty good idea! I know where the processing in Hampton, VA is, and have been there to drop off wood a long time ago before I was a serious woodworker, and even longer before I was a turner. There was a LOT of hardwood there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom