Who was looking for catclaw???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I just leaned that I can get some (green) catclaw and remembered someone looking for some long time before.

If you are still interested shoot me an email.

Those nasty bushes are a pain to deal with and I don't intend to get any if there is no interest.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

John,
Only one, because they have 9 lives. (groan) Sorry Dario, can you post a pic of it? I've never heard of it. I'm guessing it has long thorns. I assume they will be removed. I may be interested, but I wasn't the one who requested it.
Rob

Dario

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />What's it look like, Dario? I might be interested... like I need more wood!

John, Not sure...I know these will put up as much a fight if I do try to collect any as the the hairy ones will.

Billy, Rob, I am not sure if I can get big pieces out of it...most that I've seen are about 1" in diameter. The ones I tried cutting are light in color and not sure if the one who initially asked want ones with the darker heartwood...which I cannot guarantee I can find/get. The tree looks a lot like mesquite but the thorns (claws) are different as well as the flower and pods.

Here is photo off the net. As you can see, the bush knows how to protect its trunk!!! [:(!][:0]

200636172020_catclaw2.jpg
<br />

Doghouse

Dario, I am trying to get my hands on a good trunk piece with the dark heart. I know it is a little rare but neet stuff. Any word on more of that Texas ebony?

Dario

John,

I posted a few pieces of Texas Ebony earlier and sold out. Curious, you didn't see them?. If you want some just let me know.

I will see about finding a bigger piece of catsclaw and let you know.

Dario

Chris,

I think I forgot to mention TX Ebony (green) and buckeye in my email.

I have yet to find a bigger one of these...just like Mequite and TX Ebony it is full of thorns on younger branches. They are closely related but the thorns on these are much more potent since it is shaped like "cats claw".

You should see my forearms after collecting more mesquite this weekend [:D][B)].

reed43

For those of you who have not seen catclaw this is a piece that is about 3/4 dry. I covered this with thin ca to show it a little better

20063623386_MVC-024S.jpg
<br />

It is about 7-1/2 inches long and about 5 inches wide x7/8 in thick.

reed43

Yes, I have turned a lot of mesquite,and it is about the same. I think the cat claw is a little more dense. It grows along the desert washes all around Yuma Az.I have two pieces that are about seven or eight in diameter and 20 inches long. The bushes grow slow so these pieces are probably fairly old.Here in Yuma they make more of a bush than a tree.It also has a little different color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom