Who or how are the featured pens on the homepage selected?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

Just seen another awesome pen selected for the homepage!

Who selects these, or if not who, how are they selected?
Do they have to be submitted, or does a moderator pick one?

PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

I apologize for not catching this before the peanut gallery jumped in....

Any pen you want considered for "Front Page" should be mailed to me, PM me for address. I will evaluate the pen and recommend for or against being put in line for publication. Due to the volume of requests for consideration, pens cannot be returned and will be kept for display purposes at the Bowie annex of the Penturner's Hall of Fame.

(worth a shot, eh??? :rolleyes:)

OKLAHOMAN

John be careful of the one I just sent in for evaluation as the dog do I made it out of might not be completely dry yet and hope the smell has left by the time it reaches you.
I apologize for not catching this before the peanut gallery jumped in....

Any pen you want considered for "Front Page" should be mailed to me, PM me for address. I will evaluate the pen and recommend for or against being put in line for publication. Due to the volume of requests for consideration, pens cannot be returned and will be kept for display purposes at the Bowie annex of the Penturner's Hall of Fame.

(worth a shot, eh??? :rolleyes:)

great12b4ever

Jon, I still haven't heard anything about the two pens I sent you for inclusion. You should remeber them both.

One was made of Poison Ivy vine, and I was careful to make sure I applied absolutely NO finish as I wanted the real worth of the material to be transmitted to the holder of this work of art.

The second was made from natural Rose bush stems, and once again was left intact to make sure the fingers were placed in the correct locations so the pen would not slip out of your hands by establishing a firm, if slightly indented, hold to the fingers ( any additional red coloring added to the pen just increases the worth of this second work of art).

:biggrin::biggrin::devil:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
To answer the original question... :)

I have the pleasure of selecting the featured pen. I roughly use these "rules"

Should be unique design or material, or "cutting edge", or very well executed "standard" pen.
Photo has to be excellent quality with a good aspect ratio to fit the front page.
It has to have a decent description so I don't have to hunt down the maker and ask.
I try not to show the same person's pens more than once a year.

You can see the archive here. Be advised that the links to the maker's profile is broken. It points to the old forum... I am planning to move those all to the photo album featured photo category soon.

jskeen

Ok Jeff, what's a "good aspect ratio" for the front page? And do you just look through the recently posted album pics, or pics in the SOYP forum, Or Both?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Top Bottom