Whistle kit opinions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Putting together some projects for visitors to our makerspace. The secret compartment keyrings are popular and easy for novices to make and take with them - especially if the blanks are already rounded - just a quick few passes and then to assembly.

Looking to expand and add options. This one looks even easier:
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKWHISTC.html

I read the reviews on PSI and they seem like a decent kit. Do you have experience making/using this particular kit?

The programs we are expanding now are for groups to come in, make something at several stations - laser, blacksmith, wood shop, welding... Groups can elect to have 20-60 minutes at a station, most do 20 to 30 minute sessions, then switch to a different station.

I'm looking at stylus, razor and single barrel pen kits. Suggestions for other simple-for-novices wood turning projects welcomed.

I won't try the secret compartment whistle kit due to some bad reviews.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I have made a few. They are easy and straightforward, fairly small and can be made from cut-offs. They produce aloud piercing sound.

CREID

I have made some. I also use cutoffs. The whistle is kinda loud but not anything like a referees whistle.

Rick95602

I'm a newbie to all of this, but I'm putting together a whistle/celtic pen in green acrylic for my wife/Irish/former school teacher. Helps to keep the cookie jar full.

Mr Vic

I have about a dozen I never made. Thought it would be a good sell for the ladies. Honestly any mugger or rapist would laugh themselves do death as you blew your lungs out trying to get enough sound to attract attention. I think I got the batch from CSUSA.

CREID

I have about a dozen I never made. Thought it would be a good sell for the ladies. Honestly any mugger or rapist would laugh themselves do death as you blew your lungs out trying to get enough sound to attract attention. I think I got the batch from CSUSA.
I agree. I first made one for a young lady who was going away to college and thought that a whistle would be a good thing to have. It is kinda loud but a referee whistle or whatever you want to call the whistle's with the little pea in them is much louder. But any whistle is better than none and this one she could use as a key chain and it would be with her always and even some kind of noise might make someone trying something to think twice and maybe forget it. But yes it is not a shrill whistle.

Top Bottom