When it rains, it pours...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

:crying:
I'm not known for having good luck.
In fact, I have the worst luck of any 3 people I know.
In the past week, there was no exception to the rule.

My 13 year old dog is on his last legs, so to speak.
The rainbow bridge time is quickly approaching.
Then my computer died on me.
Luckily, my wife has a computer I have been using
until I get mine up & running again.
I pulled a muscle in my back (again) and have been laid up for 3 days
this time.
I hope it's all for awhile to come. :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

:crying:
I'm not known for having good luck.
In fact, I have the worst luck of any 3 people I know.
In the past week, there was no exception to the rule.

My 13 year old dog is on his last legs, so to speak.
The rainbow bridge time is quickly approaching.
Then my computer died on me.
Luckily, my wife has a computer I have been using
until I get mine up & running again.
I pulled a muscle in my back (again) and have been laid up for 3 days
this time.
I hope it's all for awhile to come. :frown:

Geezz mate, you remind me of me/us, someone recently said that "if it wasn't for the bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all...!"

I feel for you and your back pain and for your old dog that is not doing well, as for computers, ain't have much feelings at all, I have been caught so many times, even with 2 older computers as a back-up, I still lose stuff or can't get them to do what I need.

I can say from experience that, I always have the least problems when I buy a new upgraded/recent computer and for the first 1 to 2 years after that, is just a gamble, the thing is, who can buy a new computer every 12 months or even every 2 years..? My main computer is now 6 years of age and that in computer terms is totally obsolete, how old is yours..?

I tend to get bad things coming to me in lots of 3, you reached that limit so, you may be OK for some time...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

BobGast

They say that you make your own luck. But I don't see how that applies to your situation. Good ole Murphy seems to have his way with us some times more than others. As Jim said, hang in there.

showcaser

Herb, Here is another way to look at it
You have 13 years of memories with a wonderful companion.
Computers aren't $2500 anymore
You didn't herniate a disc in your back.
I've found when I have a run of bad luck if I concentrate on the positive I get through it faster.
Take Care Patrick

I can say from experience that, I always have the least problems when I buy a new upgraded/recent computer and for the first 1 to 2 years after that, is just a gamble, the thing is, who can buy a new computer every 12 months or even every 2 years..? My main computer is now 6 years of age and that in computer terms is totally obsolete, how old is yours..?

Cheers
George

Hey George,
Computers have feelings too....:biggrin: If you baby them and treat the nice, they'll last 12-14 + years like mine... I'm still even running XP on it. It's a Dell desk top....I take it down and blow the dust out every 5 or 6 years, I've oiled the fan motor once or twice (It doesn't sound so much like a Cessna ready for take off when I do that)... I have a 4 year old lap top that I plan to set up and use, but not a fan of laptops because of the keyboards... may try to connect regular KB to the LT and see if that helps... this one still works, so I just try to make sure I have the data saved to an auxiliary storage so I don't loose anything.

sbwertz

As a computer consultant for the last 30 years, I can tell you that Dell computers outlive any other brand I have ever worked on. They just use quality components. I have a 13 year old Dell XP laptop that I haul back and forth to the blind center to run my laser engraver on. It just keeps on ticking. My current Win10 machine is a 17" refurbed Dell that I bought a year or so ago. Hasn't even hiccuped.

Just as a side note...a 17" laptop sports a full sized standard keyboard.

Top Bottom