What's the next contest?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Okay so Febuary was AWESOME! All the contest for the bash got my competitive juices flowing. Now the bash is over and I'm left with a void. I figure while the juices are still flowing, I'll start coming up with ideas for the next contest. So what's the next contest. Casing Contest?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

i think your guess is correct "Casing Contest"! but then again, i have been known to be wrong:rolleyes:. Im working on my designs for that contest starting next month! Gotta do some testing first!:biggrin:

D.Oliver

i think your guess is correct "Casing Contest"! but then again, i have been known to be wrong:rolleyes:. Im working on my designs for that contest starting next month! Gotta do some testing first!:biggrin:

As in more than one design. Nice. Go big or go home right?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There will also be the pen contest held by woodworking magazine and pen world magazine later this year. Now your talking run with the big dogs.

D.Oliver

I don't think I'm ready to run with big dogs yet (or the medium dogs, or the little dogs, probably not eveb the big cats, or even the medium cats, but maybe with kittens though) But you never know, an idea might strike me between now and then.

Toni

OOOOOO........casing contest my favorite:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Man is that dang contest already here? I think we got a few months, since it's usually for Independance Day. I'll try and get in touch with Jeff Powell.

Last edited:

David M

Think I should start gathering supplies, wonder how many different sizes I will need . I have an ideal os something if I can fit it into this years rules. I will need some heads up time to make it .Should be a fun one this year.
David

Would a collaboration contest be of interest? Those that are interested join like a PITH. names are chosen at random or pair one veteren with a newer penmaker (or whatever is decided) and they have to make 60/40 % of the pen. It can be 60% of the pen is cast and 40% is the turning or 60% of the pen is the cap and 40% is the body...etc.
This will involve a newer person and an experienced person, both of whome may learn from the other and create involvement, not just a trade. The winning pen is decided by a vote of the participants and donated, raffled or shared in a issue of a magazine, who knows?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

Well I got a new casting rod, reel and several new lures....so I'm all set.

Toni

Well I got a new casting rod, reel and several new lures....so I'm all set.

Sounds like you are all ready for the Fishing Contest.....ROFLMAO!!

Top Bottom