Whats happened to cursive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
... There is nothing political in pointing out facts that are provided by the governments involved (OECD is a government sponsored organization).
Your issue has nothing to do either with teaching cursive writing in the classroom or the price of tea in China. The only reason to discuss the issue is to drag the thread further into the political realm when it need not go there.

The decision by some districts to not to teach cursive writing has nothing to do with the vast political conspiracy. It's simply a matter of ensuring that there is enough time to teach crucial materials.

(Go ahead and reply again. I know you can't resist getting that last word in.)

Schools around here have dropped cursive from the curriculum. "Not enough time in the day to teach an obsolete communication method..."

Unbelievable.

Happily my daughter's new 3rd grade teacher is teaching it anyway. He believes, like me, that different writing styles are important to developing communication and letter recognition skills.

I've been teaching her some cursive myself, but it's nice to have a teacher backing me up.

That said, I started all caps like Alex's boss. I got into that habit in high school when I took drafting.
If I were a parent in your district and my child's teacher was teaching things off-curriculum, I'd want that teacher canned. There is not enough days to teach those subjects that are important. Wasting time on other things is unacceptable.
Nonsense - I have said nothing that is political.

Who said anything about a vast political conspiracy? Or for that matter even a little political conspiracy?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rfturner

This all reminds me of a letter that was sent to my house by accident. I don't even know how it made it to my house. The only thing that we could "legibly" make out was the last name legrand. The rest was WORSE than a doctors signature. We knew that it belonged to a neighbor behind us as we get their mail every once in a while. I do not even know how it got through the mail the way it was.

Jgrden

altaciii, see what you started. This thread has people inflamed. Passions are high. It was and is a good discussion.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader

"collaboration on proposed best practices" :confused:

You know .. I'm pretty sure the people that make up some of
these "saying something while saying nothing" phrases are just
yucking it up on the golf course and betting each other on how
many nitwits in the office start using their made-up buzz words..

"I'll betcha 2 large that suckup Anderson in accounting will
be using it in an email to me by the end of the month"

"You're on! Just don't socialize the issue, that would only move
the goal post. (not that we're blame-storming here) Ping me if
anything happens."

DurocShark

"collaboration on proposed best practices" :confused:

You know .. I'm pretty sure the people that make up some of
these "saying something while saying nothing" phrases are just
yucking it up on the golf course and betting each other on how
many nitwits in the office start using their made-up buzz words..

"I'll betcha 2 large that suckup Anderson in accounting will
be using it in an email to me by the end of the month"

"You're on! Just don't socialize the issue, that would only move
the goal post. (not that we're blame-storming here) Ping me if
anything happens."

Ok, I lol'd. :biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I still write in cursive.... if you can actually call what I scribble as writing.

same here ... I'm the only one who can read it .. and even then, only if
I read it shortly after I write it. If I think anyone else will need to read
it, I use block printing.

76winger

I've recently started journaling (occasionally, but I'm working on it) and I write everything in cursive. Mine isn't the best or clearest, but after haphazardly working on it for the past year, it's getting a tiny-bit better. At least the signature is...

Top Bottom