What's for dinner?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Well, it's 15 degrees outside.

But, we had a craving for
cheeseburgers on the grill.

So, after fighting to get the ice out of the control knobs to turn on the gas, I made us some cheeseburgers. The first of this year, and with the temps. going to drop lower, it might be the last for a while.

There's no cheeseburger quite as good as one off the grill.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I believe my wife got a photo of me all bundled up, flipping the burgers.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get it from her phone, to here.

Woodchipper

Have her forward it to you. My wife just forwarded a photo to my Android a while ago. When we lived in the boonies in KY, I have a photo of grilling in March with snow on the ground. Yep, nothing like a burger right off the grill. Don't forget to let the cheese melt a bit on the burger while still on the grill.

WriteON

What's for dinner? In my family it's RESERVATIONS. But seriously I made a really good NY strip last night. Grill eggplant with melted mozzarella on it.

tomtedesco

I grill year round in any weather. Had an ice storm last night everything is coated in about 1/8 inch ice, roads closed and cold. Rib eyes on the grill tonight.

Terredax

Banned
The photo didn't turn out. It was much too blurry to really make out anything. It was through the storm door and snow flakes. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Tonight, we were out to get some groceries, so we stopped and picked up some Chinese cuisine. I had orange chicken, and the wife had chicken fried rice. They gave us way too much.

Terredax

Banned
My wife is preparing for tomorrows dinner. Home made spaghetti pasta with a garlic sauce, sautéed with fresh mushrooms, and home made ciabatta bread, toasted with garlic butter and fresh mozzarella and ricotta cheeses.

I think there may be a garden salad in there too. Have to keep it healthy.:biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I posted this on a different thread, but thought it would fit here also:

FWIT: Sauteed peppers (Green, red, orange, yellow); red skin potatoes; rib eye steaks from Costco (cheaper..., grilled/ate much less than needed). Oh, Spinich salad with feta cheese. Burp...

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Mr Vic

Back in '76.... Stationed in Colorado and grilled t-bones on my 2d floor balcony in January with 2 feet of snow on the ground. I was wearing flip flops, shorts and red and white Hawaiian shirt and cooking on the old round style charcoal grill... Wised up in Korea in the'90s and we all chipped in on a gas grill.

Herb G

We eat a lot of chicken here. I am always looking for a different way to prepare it because it's so versatile.
I made Chicken cacciatore last night with rice.
My wife loved it, so I'm happy too.
Happy wife = happy life.
:)

stonepecker

Made some chili for my friends today at the garage. They ate it down to some juices left.

Kids want Mac & cheese with hotdogs. I reloaded the chili without adding any more liquids. Going to have Chili dogs with bake beans.
Might have to sleep on the couch tonight. (Not me.......the wife) LOL

I grill about 300 days a year.
14 deg out tonight ribeyes were great.

Agree! Especially firing up the smoker when it's hovering around -10, and the wonderful smell of hickory smoke coming of the pork loin, and the neighbor peeking out their window thinking I must be crazy. I often wonder, if they ever took video of me, standing in my back yard, surrounded by a foot of snow, in below zero temps smoking meat, and upload it to the crazy neighbor YouTube Channel LOL :biggrin:

stonepecker

Tonight. Baked pork chops with a rub we have never tried before. Baked potatoes and spinach.
Tomorrow I have a day off from cooking. The wife is planning chicken. Most likely, shake and bake.

Top Bottom