What are your weekend plans ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Too busy for either one here. I have to work on the Honey-Do list.
I have to change out a garbage disposal, put in a new thermostat, and then bake banana cinnamon pecan bread for my Mom's birthday.

Then, on Sunday, I have to prep next week's meals, change out my computer chair floor mat, tank up the cars, put out the trash, do some laundry, and various other chores my wife has on her list.
All that is after we go have our taxes done.

Maybe next week I'll actually be able to use my lathe for something other than a dust collector. :)

Last edited:

bobleibo

Too busy for either one here. I have to work on the Honey-Do list.
I have to change out a garbage disposal, put in a new thermostat, and then bake banana cinnamon pecan bread for my Mom's birthday.

Then, on Sunday, I have to prep next week's meals, change out my computer chair floor mat, tank up the cars, put out the trash, do some laundry, and various other chores my wife has on her list.
All that is after we go have our taxes done.

Maybe next week I'll actually be able to use my lathe for something other than a dust collector. :)

I definitely agree that you need to get those honey-do things taken care of if it means staying in good graces but if you think efficiently you can be done by noon on Saturday and Sunday and still have the afternoons to work on your Ball Point Pen. Here's one way you can streamline one of the chores you mentioned....you're welcome.
Cheers

Attachments

• meal prep.jpg
    meal prep.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 136

Herb G

I definitely agree that you need to get those honey-do things taken care of if it means staying in good graces ...
Cheers

If you saw my honey-do list, you'd be shocked I got away with it for so long. My wife has it written down by season, weather, time of day, you name it, she's got it broken down into so many sub categories it isn't funny.

:eek:

Charlie_W

No pens is weekend. This morning, I am doing a Lichtenberg Fractal Burning Demo at one of our local woodturning
clubs. This afternoon, picking up wood from another turner who is moving.
Tomorrow, I need to find a place for the extra wood....that will be the toughest part.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Besides Monitoring the Bash, I have 2 Umpire clinics Im teaching for different Local league's for LIttle League Baseball. Im the District 18 UIC. Tomorrow I have been asked to Umpire FGCU girls softball Interleague games. I need to work on a pen and I have been involved with my grandchildren Making Dichroic Glass pendants and stuff in the Microwave.

Jgrden

:biggrin:Going to Wal Mart to look at hearing aids. Probably a new theme for a Steampunk pen. The pen will not only write but 'hear' as well. Now if I could get Siri installed to talk.

Bob in SF

Episode #1:
Fun time already, dyeing some yarn for my (avid knitter) daughter's winter sock-making:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Episode #2: Endless (somewhat punitive) honey-do list.

Episode #3: Make some marginally controlled messes in the shop (time permitting).

Happy Saturday to all - Bob

Attachments

• MulticupsYarnDyeing.jpg
    MulticupsYarnDyeing.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DyedYarnSteamed,Airdrying.jpg
    DyedYarnSteamed,Airdrying.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 166

bobleibo

priorities....

We got over a foot of fresh snow last night !!!!!! Unfortunately I'm not eligible to enter this contest so I guess we gotta' go skiing. Someone has to do it~

Attachments

• snow report 2-11.JPG
    snow report 2-11.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 121

Herb G

Well, my day has run par for the course. I went to take out the old disposal, and got the living crap knocked out of me.

The switch was off, but I didn't turn off the breaker. It got back fed somehow & knocked me on my can. It didn't happen the last time I changed the disposal. I'm just glad I didn't buy the farm.

Then, when I went to disconnect it from the mount under the sink, it broke the seal in the drain & I had to go buy plumber's putty and install the new drain in the sink.
So, it's been a lovely day here so far.

As if. :mad:

SteveJ

Finished my ball point AND my pen stand entries earlier this week. Attending the Colorado All State Orchestra concert which my son is playing in.

Hoping to start receiving entries to the KITLESS CONTEST!

Charlie_W

Well, my day has run par for the course. I went to take out the old disposal, and got the living crap knocked out of me.

The switch was off, but I didn't turn off the breaker. It got back fed somehow & knocked me on my can. It didn't happen the last time I changed the disposal. I'm just glad I didn't buy the farm.

Then, when I went to disconnect it from the mount under the sink, it broke the seal in the drain & I had to go buy plumber's putty and install the new drain in the sink.
So, it's been a lovely day here so far.

As if. :mad:

Herb, Glad you are still vertical! The disposal switch may be on the neutral side and not interrupting the hot wire. Please check it out or have someone do it for you. You don't want to leave it hot at the disposal when the switch is off. You probably got across the hot and ground.

Jgrden

Just replaced our dishwasher and found they are mostly hard wired, not plug ins. Found the breaker and did not have an issue. Did not want to overload the pacemaker.:thunder::eek:

Top Bottom