What are your New Year Resolutions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bump.....

Have a look back through this thread and see if you accomplished your goals.:rolleyes:

Chuck has quit smoking for about six hours ( ok, about 5 days...)...lets make sure he keeps it up or we give him more grief than we gave him about his pink comforter or his studio...:tongue:

I've completed 6 years now without a smoke but my gut still isn't flat and I still weigh exactly the same 100kg

But I'm still vertical, so that's a bonus...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Skie_M

I don't drink .... and I don't smoke unless I'm on fire.

I think I'll start drinking, this year ...

I do make some very good wine!
attachment.php

Attachments

• default_drink.gif
    default_drink.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 278

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ok, just bumping this thread as I have before. :biggrin: If you posted, then go and see if you have done what you promised yourself.
I still don't drink or smoke....weigh the same but not any fitter or flatter.:redface:

This year I think I'm gonna go solo....work for myself. I have already bought my own pick up truck and all the tooling etc....even saved enough to pay for 6 months normal life. Just need to pluck up the courage. It's difficult to leave a place when you have been there for 40years:rolleyes:I

How about you guys?:confused:

jttheclockman

Well Skip, I did look back and to see some of the names of the past is always great.

As for me my goals are pretty much the same but have started taking some of the things more serious as I get older and older. The weight thing I did lose 22lbs this past summer and would love to at least take another 15 off this summer but I do not push that number because of health issues and my knees.

I also vowed to take my pen turning up a few notches and did so back then but I feel I have even more to do and will give this a serious go this winter. I vowed to do more work in the shop with my woodworking and I did that starting about 4 months ago and have renewed my desire and passion again. I started changing over many new items in my scrollsawing line that I sell each year at shows. This year happened to be a good one and maybe some of it was due to my new items but I think the economy was a little bit better than the past 2 years. I will continue down that path this year as long as I can get in the shop. Love the peace and quiet there.

I have also started last year remodeling the house and I am not doing all the work any more but will continue on this path to finally get it looking good for when I do pass it will be easier to sell.:)

Call them resolutions or whatever you want but we all need to set goals just to give us the extra push. Try not to make them unreachable and it will be satisfying when you look back at the end of the year. The older I get the years go by faster:). Life does get in the way many times and the unexpected does creep in but we deal with what life throws our way.

To all Happy 2019 and hope you do meet your goals and see you back here next year. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Same here...belly is not any flatter...196 pounds. (down from 202 in August)

No cigs since December 2016, but still hanging onto vaping. I'm working on that! :rolleyes:

Still have a resolve to shed some inches around the waistline. And, be less opinionatative:biggrin: There are other things, but I won't list them here.

Thanks for bringing this thread back Steven. I am glad to hear of your progress.

Top Bottom