What is special on your table tomorrow?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clapiana

I really really really look forward to 3 items on our Thanksgiving table:
1 - stuffed squid in homemade red 'gravy' aka tomato sauce
2 - stuffed seafood mushrooms
3 - stuffed breadcrumb artichokes

You can keep the turkey :)

What are your top 3 favorites on your table?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
"Crust" its the drippings from the bird, with flour and other stuff - and then biscuit dough, flattened out and laid in strips across the drippings. Baked until the top is brown/crispy and the lower/inside layer has soaked up the drippings.

Hard to describe, but its an Eastern Shore specialty that is AMAZING (and fattening as hell).

My grandma was the best at making it and kinds of short of passed along the recipe...but it was different every time!

Happy thanksgiving!

smcary
smcary
P1000206resize.jpg

Please keep my brothers down range in mind while you feast out - with special consideration to LCpl Richard Kulakowski, my best friends son, and a SAW gunner with 3rd Marines who is in Afghanistan.

Picture is me and the Commandant of the Marine Corps General Conway, Thanksgiving day 2007 in Camp Fallujah, Iraq.

Last edited:

GoodTurns

turkey went in last night...about 18 hours at 225...mmmmm
now I get to make the rest of it.... sausage and mushroom stuffing, sweet potato casserole (with bananas...try it!), candied carrots, mashed potatos and chardonney/green peppercorn gravy. Happy eaters today...and the rest of the weekend.

Ambidex

lobstah...like turkey but nothing beats fresh live Maine lobster:wink:.and yes it was flown in..Not many here in Ohio:biggrin:

TomW

Just finished up a smoked Thanksgiving breakfast fattie. Hot sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, onions, mushrooms and cheese. A little hot sauce and it's a winner!

Attachments

• fattie.jpg
    fattie.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 58

shadetree_1

Just finished up a smoked Thanksgiving breakfast fattie. Hot sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, onions, mushrooms and cheese. A little hot sauce and it's a winner!

I want a bite !!!!!!!!!!Send the recipe, it looks Fantastic !!!!!!!!:biggrin:

nava1uni

*Spending time in the kitchen making food with friends/family
*Telling and retelling family stories and history
*Having a good meal with my family and friends and sitting around the table for hours
talking, laughing and enjoying each other.

Justturnin

hmmmm. Well we didnt do Turkey. We pick themes for Thanksgiving andlast night was Italian. I made Homemade Lasagna and we had Italian Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans. My wafe made some AWESOME Pizza rolls for snacking while drinking........I mean cooking. I think the most special thing was the deck of cards that got all of us to the table for a couple of hours of Poker. It's amazing to sit around with people you see faily often and realize just becasue you see them does not mean you spend time with them. It was nice to stop and spend time with my family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom