What software do you use for creating youtube videos?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

raar25

I have started getting my youtube channel populated and am using the Movie Maker that came with the computer free, and was wondering if anyone else has found something they really like as I consider trying something else.

Thanks,
Ray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sony Vegas is very good, can do virtually anything.

It has very small control points on the video, and has a "steep" learning curve. However, it is widely used, so most questions are answered by a YouTube video.

Also not free!

raar25

Which version?

It has very small control points on the video, and has a "steep" learning curve. However, it is widely used, so most questions are answered by a YouTube video.

Also not free!
Ed which version of Sony Vegas do you use and did it require a monthly subscription?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Movie studio platinum 13.0
I bought it, there is no subscription fee

I have used SEVERAL versions over the years, there is no BIG difference. I would not hesitate to buy older versions, NEW in box, unused so the serial number can still be registered.

chartle

Also not free!

I've been using it for years but haven't in a maybe 6 years and only used maybe 10% of the features.

Note Sony sold it to MAGIX a few years back. I got an email a month or so ago where I got an offer to upgrade it about 7 versions for $49. I'm now at version 16 and its Movie Studio version. There is also a Pro version.

Last edited:

Sylvanite

DaVinci Resolve is a full-featured video editor that you can get for free. I installed it once but never got around to trying it out, so I can't give a personal review. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector to edit my videos.

Regards,
Eric

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I particularly don't like the rented software being updated and then crashing my computer, so I have to spend several hours on-line fixing their fix.

Of course, they bear no financial responsibility for this----WHY NOT?????

chartle

I use Adobe Illustrator at work and its a subscription system but I don;t pay for it and 100% legally I can install another copy at home as long as they are not used at the same time which never happens and they I tested it and they don't check.

But I do have to delay upgrading at work. I have a plug in that controls my vinyl plotter and it takes them a few months to get updated.

raar25

So I ended up finally with Cyberlink PowerDirector after trying Shotcut, Divinci, Filmora 9, Movie Maker, Microsoft Photo (came on the computer) and Light ..... None of the free options except movie make really worked on the computer without constant crashing. Filmora was ok but the video would stream in a choppy manner although it had some good features and was cheaper than Cyberlink For an additional $30 I decided the Cyberlink installed and ran smoothly with lots of features so the frustration involved with the free ware crashing was just not worth it.

Top Bottom