What options

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tonylumps

Ordered supplies from a large pen supplier Who I dealt with for years Tracking # showed it was scanned and put in my mail box Went to the mail box .package not there called supplier.They said to call post office.i did Waiting for the person who dropped it. Will be back Monday What options do I have if package was stolen Paid with PayPal. The supplier kind of blew me off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Rabchenuk

A difficult situation for sure but I don't see how you think the supplier would be at fault. You said the package tracking shows it was delivered. I believe you're is between you and the USPS.

Last edited:

DWalk

We also have issues with USPS delivering our mail to anyone but us. If the supplier shipped and it shows being delivered then the problem is with USPS not the supplier.

tonylumps

A difficult situation for sure but I don't see how you think the supplier would be at fault. You said the package tracking shows it was delivered. I believe you're is between you and the USPS.

I think you may be right That is why i have to wait until Monday for the person who actually made the drop

jttheclockman

Security cameras is the answer. It will answer some of the questions but may come down to supplier and willing to take a loss for a customer. Do any of the neighbors have security cameras if you do not?? Maybe they can have a shot of your house. This is the world we live in today.

sbwertz

It was probably delivered, but to the wrong mailbox. If you are lucky, the recipient will be honest and give it back to USPS for re-delivery. There is a service that sends me an email every morning with a photo of the mail that is scheduled to be delivered. It is called Informed Delivery Daily Digest. If it doesn't show up in my mailbox, I can simply click on a checkbox that says I didn't get that piece, and they go looking for it.

Read about it here

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Last edited:

Fred Bruche

Having the same issue right now with (I bet) the same large pen supplier, package shipped on July 9th and still not delivered as of yesterday. USPS tracking not helpful, attempts are made to deliver the package at a place with a different zip code :( Called the supplier and got the same answer, call the post office, no help at all. Odd coincidence though....

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've checked our shipments and this does not seem to be Exotics, so I will comment.

When a package is marked as delivered, it definitely got to the correct post office and is, therefore, the responsibility of your local postmaster. All Priority mail is insured by the post office for at least $50, so if you contact your local postmaster or your mail carrier, they are the best possibility for finding the package, as soon as it is noted as missing.

IF you have to file a claim, THEN the sender does have to get involved. But there is a waiting period, before the post office will admit they lost it, so finding it is the best solution and can ONLY be done from your end, even if initiated on the senders' end.

IF the sender attempts to call the post office, they will read him the tracking information, same as going to the website. Except he will wait on hold, typically 30 to 60 minutes. They will then tell him he needs to wait, then file the missing package claim--I don't remember for sure, but I think it was 30 days.

I see there is now a webpage
https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

I have never used it, but you might want to go there, since it is the weekend. BTW, here in Racine, the post office is open on Saturday, so a trip there would not be in vain.

Those are the options that I am aware of. NONE are very good. Of course, it is also possible someone stole the package from your mailbox--a federal offense, but a known trend these days. I have no idea who is then responsible for the loss, USPS or the recipient, certainly NOT the vendor.

While this all happens extremely rarely, there is the option to request signed for delivery. Adds cost to every shipment and is less convenient, but I suspect then the USPS would pay the claim to the limit of their "insurance".

Hope this helps,

Ed

tonylumps

Th package was scanned in front of my House on the 11th.I go out to the mail box this afternoon .Package was there Don't get me wrong I happy to get it But are they pulling my leg or what

dogcatcher

Perhaps the neighbors brought it to you, when they realized it was not theirs.

My neighbors on the 2 streets to the east have the same number as our house, and to the west another same number. We have become good friends redelivering the mail we get. If a package shows to be delivered, we know we will get it later that evening.

JimB

Th package was scanned in front of my House on the 11th.I go out to the mail box this afternoon .Package was there Don't get me wrong I happy to get it But are they pulling my leg or what

Probably was delivered to the wrong house and the person who got it dropped it in your mailbox.

tonylumps

Probably was delivered to the wrong house and the person who got it dropped it in your mailbox.

But the post office said it was scanned in front of my house .The closest neighbors mail box is about 100,'but will knock on doors today.

Last edited:

randyrls

Glad to hear you got your package. Sometimes packages are delivered by a different truck. I went out to get mail, found mail but no package. Later, alarm went off. a different truck was dropping off package.

If you get packages on a regular basis, I have an alarm on my mailbox. It sounds inside my house and a light starts flashing whenever the door of the mailbox is opened. Go get mail and press reset on the inside part for next time.

Top Bottom