What NOT to do with CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Finally happened this morning. I was using a fine tip on the CA glue bottle and didn't know if the tip was clear of CA glue. I HAD been using it, but the tip was lying there and I brought it to my lips and blew air thru the tip.

Well;;;; there wasn't any CA blocking the tip, but there WAS some on the outside of the tip. Fortunately I didn't glue any body parts together, but my lips feel funny :mad::mad::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

We should research how many accidents/mishaps happen with CA. Maybe that's why it's called crazy glue.

Jim Smith

I'd say that you were lucky. CA glue reacts rather quickly and get hot when exposed to moisture. All in all, just having you lips feel "funny" is getting off easy.

Jim Smith

Marmotjr

Picture I saw on Fb the other day: (can't find the original, but I thought of this when I saw it):

"Wife asked me for the lip balm. By accident, I handed her the crazy glue. She hasn't spoken to me since."

sbwertz

My worst experience with CA was when I was first learning to turn pens. I signed up for a class at the local Woodcraft. I was the only woman in the class. While sanding something on the big disk sander, I managed to get the tip of my finger against the sanding disk. I didn't want to let any of the guys know I had done such a stupid thing, so I just put some thin CA on it to protect it. The CA wasn't setting very fast, so I figured I would spray it with some accelerator. (I had VERY LITTLE experience with CA at that point.) I found out very quickly that it produces a LOT of heat when you spray it with accelerator! I managed to stifle the screams so no one knew what a REALLY stupid thing I had done.

tomtedesco

My worst experience with CA was when I was first learning to turn pens. I signed up for a class at the local Woodcraft. I was the only woman in the class. While sanding something on the big disk sander, I managed to get the tip of my finger against the sanding disk. I didn't want to let any of the guys know I had done such a stupid thing, so I just put some thin CA on it to protect it. The CA wasn't setting very fast, so I figured I would spray it with some accelerator. (I had VERY LITTLE experience with CA at that point.) I found out very quickly that it produces a LOT of heat when you spray it with accelerator! I managed to stifle the screams so no one knew what a REALLY stupid thing I had done.

WE all have done something like this, I just won't admit it to anyone.

Top Bottom