What I miss

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
So far what I miss about not having the business here is not having 3 or 4 PMs waiting for me with questions about orders, asking about sale prices, telling me about issues, asking for instructions and so on. I'm still pretty careful about what I say in threads though.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So far what I miss about not having the business here is not having 3 or 4 PMs waiting for me with questions about orders, asking about sale prices, telling me about issues, asking for instructions and so on. I'm still pretty careful about what I say in threads though.

LeRoy: I closed my day care business in Dec, 2015, after 26 years. At my peak I had 220 children (6 weeks - 11 yrs) and 38 employees. Two locations, 7 vehicles, Plow truck (Yup, I drove), much on my daily list at 5:45 Am every day.

I don't miss it in the least!

I do miss some of the little nippers, as they were why I was there, and it was why they were they were with me - others had kicked them out... They did fine with me!

Be proud of what you did, as I am of what I did.

Future, for me, I'm working on starting a turning program at the Cleveland Society for the Blind.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

LeRoy: I closed my day care business in Dec, 2015, after 26 years. At my peak I had 220 children (6 weeks - 11 yrs) and 38 employees. Two locations, 7 vehicles, Plow truck (Yup, I drove), much on my daily list at 5:45 Am every day.

I do miss some of the little nippers, as they were why I was there, and it was why they were they were with me - others had kicked them out... They did fine with me!

Future, for me, I'm working on starting a turning program at the Cleveland Society for the Blind.
If you haven't already you ought to get in touch with Sharon Wertz (iap sbwertz) she does something similar in Arizona.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

If you haven't already you ought to get in touch with Sharon Wertz (iap sbwertz) she does something similar in Arizona.

Yup. Sharon and I have conversed many times. If I need her input to get the go-ahead in Cleveland, she is there for me.

I actually worked for a summer with the Cleve Soc for the Blind, at their summer camp I have gone through and passed their volunteer protocol in December 2016. Just waiting for a placement.

I hope to get my sea-legs back for 4-6 months with working with the visually impaired; then pitch them for a woodturning program. In any case, the volunteer work is great!

Bikerdad

Well, if you really miss it, I'm sure the community here would be happy to send you PM's on those subjects. :biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'll learn to live without them.:wink::wink:

Well, if you really miss it, I'm sure the community here would be happy to send you PM's on those subjects. :biggrin:

Bikerdad

Live the struggle man, live the struggle. :cool:

I'll learn to live without them.:wink::wink:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Yup. Sharon and I have conversed many times. If I need her input to get the go-ahead in Cleveland, she is there for me.

I actually worked for a summer with the Cleve Soc for the Blind, at their summer camp I have gone through and passed their volunteer protocol in December 2016. Just waiting for a placement.

I hope to get my sea-legs back for 4-6 months with working with the visually impaired; then pitch them for a woodturning program. In any case, the volunteer work is great!

Sharon, where is she. I haven't seen her post in a while. Is she OK? I was very impressed with her work for the blind.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm not sure exactly why but I think she mentioned that she might not be around as much for awhile.

Sharon, where is she. I haven't seen her post in a while. Is she OK? I was very impressed with her work for the blind.

sbwertz

I've been sick for a while, but I'm all better now. Also, December was an absolute zoo at the center for the blind...EVERYONE wanted to make gifts and we were turning double shifts the whole month.

I, too had problems retiring.

I decided to retire from my computer consulting business in 2000 when my husband retired. It didn't take. Here it is 17 years later and I am still fixing computers. I have reduced my client base down to a dozen or so clients and am not taking many new ones (mostly just the kids of my existing clients!...or in one case, grandkids.) Most of them are older and I set them up with their first computer decades ago and they panic every time I use the R word.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've been sick for a while, but I'm all better now. Also, December was an absolute zoo at the center for the blind...EVERYONE wanted to make gifts and we were turning double shifts the whole month.

I, too had problems retiring.

I decided to retire from my computer consulting business in 2000 when my husband retired. It didn't take. Here it is 17 years later and I am still fixing computers. I have reduced my client base down to a dozen or so clients and am not taking many new ones (mostly just the kids of my existing clients!...or in one case, grandkids.) Most of them are older and I set them up with their first computer decades ago and they panic every time I use the R word.
Glad to hear your feeling better...

Top Bottom