What do you look like? 1/27/06 update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
quote:Originally posted by Rifleman

There is an old saying 'beware what you wish for, you might get it'. Me below ready for turning. This one begs for a 'yuck' smilie.
That's funny. You don't LOOK like Chuck Conners! [xx(]

timdaleiden

quote:Originally posted by btboone

Frank, it looks like you're ready for some serious turning!

For some reason, that picture reminds me of the Sci-Fi classic, "The Day The Earth Stood Still".

Well...Beam me up dang it. ;)

Just kiddiing Frank.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
EDIT: 8/11/05 After still receiving emails, I'd like to point out that this is a spoof! The after picture is me three-years ago...and cleaned up much more than I usually am. (My kids insisted that I have a professional picture to commemorate being 50.)

Before and after "Trim Spa". :D
20052285254_Huh.jpg

20052285334_2A9G1817.jpg

I hope this doesn't get me banned for life, but I couldn't resist!

WoodChucker

Lou, you should warn people before you do that, I was just taking a drink of coffee when that pic came up. :D And yes, you should be banned from the Internet! :D

ilikewood

How much did you have to pay those elves to get that picture of Santa on vacation Lou?

Considering the empty seats Kurt, am I assuming correctly that this picture was taken at an NHL game this year?

J. Fred Muggs

Okay. Since the pictures posted so far offer no competition ( except for Bev, and perhaps Lou's before picture), here it is. As I recall, this shot was taken about the moment my LOML told me how much she'd spent on Christmas and I was thinking of all those tools I coulda bought with that much money.[:0]:(:(

BTW, the camera did not work again.

200522818446_Image4.jpg

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
OK - Well this is how it is in Greece - the lathe is just behind the mainsail - big waves are a problem when finishing! [xx(]

The shot was taken a few days ago - Methana is in the distance a dormant volcano last time it blew its top the Island Poros was formed!

Here goes the boss an me, by the way I am on the right!! [8D] [8D]

20052281956_MSweb.jpg

PenWorks

Much better Frank, I thought someone had cast you in a block of resin with that first one :D

Mike, that photo is totally UNFAIR. :D I say we all pack up are tools in a container and move to Greece [:p]

Eagle, I would spot you in that engineers cap anywhere. [8D]

Russ, you never looked better, must be the shelac:D

Lou, well.... you should be banned for a month [B)]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Lou, sending you a bill...I think that pic caused my monitor to crack...:D[}:)]

...MiK..well, what can I say, how long would it take me to swim to Greece...that's some nice looking water:)

woodwish

OK, I'll give this a try. Here is a photo of me with another hobby-

2005323857_wishbar2.jpg

No lectures about drinking and turning please, my rule is drinkee/no turn, turn/no drinkee.

In today's clean-shaven world I also think it is interesting how many woodturners have beards. Some hidden connection here? And I have also noticed at the last AAW Symposium also have ponytails like mine. If I was a psychologist instead of a video-production teacher I would look into this, but instead I will just ponder at the bar or the while making chips fly!

Back to turning, or maybe call it a night a grab a beer- Ray

Rifleman1776

Tom, the picture doesn't even begin to give you and idea of how fine that tiger stripe maple is. It is one of the finest hunks of gunstock wood I have ever seen. Thanks for the compliment. If you would like to write me off-list, I'll be happy to tell you the special story of that rifle.

quote:Originally posted by Tom McMillan

Hey, Frank, send me that gunstock---looks like it'd make some awesome pens!!!

Glad to see sooooo many participating in this! It's really nice to put a face to you all.
Russ, you better lay off that shellac, it makes you look old!
Lou, what can I say - that one's the winner!
C'mon, lets see the rest of you! Girls included!
Only 36 pics so far.

Darley

Well Bev I was thinking that you and everyone in the State would like to konw what I look like, then here's me and my 2 children a weekend away ( who's not very often ) on Lady Elliot Island last July.

20053734231_us3.jpg

Serge

driften

Since everybody is sharing...
Hard at work..

200532551431_Working%20Hard.jpg

Well maybe this one is really me... at least me a couple of years ago before the layoff at work.

200532551552_Jeff-250H.jpg

Daniel

I've put a few pictures up from time to time but figured I better have one here for posterity. this is me with my turning partner. my 15 year old son. he was only 14 when this picture was taken. it's about a year old now

2005325231856_2004_0507Image0021.jpg

Ok ok here's our contribution to the rogues gallery that's gotten started here.This was taken a couple of years ago at the celebration of Connie's College graduation. Pssst...anybody need someone proficient in auto

2005326533_MikeandConnie.jpg

CAD?

rtjw

I guess I better put a picture up also. This is all five of us but you only can see four. My wife was pregnant when this picture was taken. The only bad part is that we had her tubes tied after the boy was born.

2005326154919_Wooten2.jpg

Rooten... next time, have 'em tie your tubes!! That way, you can get it checked annually... almost like a lube job, insuring that'll never happen again! LOL

My gyno said its the easier operation a woman can ever have. LOLOLOL

Top Bottom