What a Day...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

A realtor friend who gets me jobs from time to time asked if I could clean up a basement and garage for one of her listings. She just got me a job redoing a lot of the millwork in a 100+ year old house so I told her I'd be happy to help.

She said just get rid of everything - I could throw it away, give it away, keep it, sell it - whatever - just get it out of the house. It's been empty for 2 years (was being leased by the college next door) but was never used for anything.

So, I went over this morning, went downstairs and went over to the little room that leads to the outside steps. It was dark so I walked in slowly. On my second step something smacked hard in the mouth. My first instinct was a sharp right jab out and as my fist is going out, it's registering in my mind that there's something flat and metal under my boot. Just as the word "rake" registers, my fist connected with the concrete wall. That's right - I pulled a 3 Stooges, stepped on a rake and got smacked in the face.

As I'm leaving for the day, I pulled the truck out of the driveway and up onto the sidewalk so I could close the driveway gate. I jump out of the truck lock the gate, come back to the truck and the %)*$# thing somehow got locked (with the engine running sitting on the sidewalk). I had to call my wife who had to cancel a conference call she had scheduled and get me back into my truck.

Oh yeah, the guy who lived there was a woodworker and I ended up packing my truck with:

A JDS Air Tech air filtration unit
2 infrared heaters
1 window A/C unit
A delta tenoning jig
A Veritas front vice
About 20 different router bits (all carbide - 1/2" & 1/4")
About 10 cans of various Watco - mostly plain but a couple walnuts and cherries
Wheelbarrow
Lots of cans of WD-40, mineral spirits, etc.
A brand new set of Lee Valley Gardening tools
Setting Up Shop by Sandor Whatzhiznamesky (already have a copy but got if for a buddy of mine)
A bunch of Forstner bits

And probably some other stuff I'm forgetting

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom