What is the "Birthday Bash"?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Every year as the calendar changes to the NEW year, the IAP forum starts to hear "whispers". The term "birthday bash" or the shortened version "THE bash", starts appearing in a thread here and there.

So, if this is a new term to you (you probably joined after last March), here is a little idea of "what is the birthday bash"??

For the month of February, there are contests for "pen building" (what a surprise on a pen makers' site:rolleyes::rolleyes:). They generally incorporate an "open", "beginner" and some other categories--this year it looks like there will be a half dozen or so, including the ever-popular "Ugly" pen contest.
Winners receive PRIZES and/or PLAQUES and/or CONGRATULATIONS FROM OTHER MEMBERS!!!

Accompanying these will be the crossword puzzle, started last year, Best article submitted to the library in 2011, photo contest and the daily TRIVIA contest (you will learn lots about IAP, if you follow this).
Winners receive PRIZES and/or PLAQUES and/or CONGRATULATIONS FROM OTHER MEMBERS!!!

Last year was the inaugural "Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline contest" which will continue this year and last,
the Donation Drawing contest that ends the month. Each year Jeff (Brown, owner of IAP) has some coffee mugs specially made with the IAP anniversary logo (see home page for this year's 8th anniversary). Your donation of $50 or more to the IAP will be rewarded with a mug, sent directly to you, from Jeff. However, some additional prizes are given to random members who have made donations. THAT is the Donation Drawing which brings February to a close. Winners receive PRIZES and CONGRATULATIONS FROM OTHER MEMBERS!!!

So, that, is the short version----stop by a couple times each day in February for the "long" version.

Want to take part in the planning?
That is "headed up" by the Activities Chairman--MBroberg (Mike)

Want to help distribute prizes to the winners?
That is where I come in---there are usually over 100 prizes awarded---so I have a few guys coordinate the deliveries---send me a PM if you like giving away stuff that is not yours:eek::eek::eek:

OR you can donate a prize (value over $25) by contacting Andrew (Maxwell_Smart007)-our "prized prize-getter"!!!

Got a question? Ask it here--one of us will be happy to answer.

The BASH begins
February 1, 2012

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

I've got a question Ed - Have you had your cheerleading skirt and pompoms dry cleaned yet? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

In all seriousness, February is quickly becoming my favorite month of the year and I'm excited for the Bash to begin!!! If you haven't participated in the past, DO NOT MISS IT!!! Great prizes, great contests, great competition, it's got it all.

Check out this link http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/2012-birthday-bash-almost-here-91612/ for more info.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bob and others that helped or want to help with prizes:
My computer went to the "computer doctor" and was declared "doa". No big deal, I back up. EXCEPT my Outlook contacts---they are ALL gone.

So, please PM me with your email address and phone number. I promise I will NOT use phone numbers in early morning or late evening, but sometimes a 2 minute call is much easier than a ten page email.

Thanks!!!
Ed

PR_Princess

I've got a question Ed - Have you had your cheerleading skirt and pompoms dry cleaned yet? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

<--------- Ed's new avatar for the duration of the Bash??? :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom