WE'RE MOVING! OH YEAH!!!!! FINALLY.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1JaredSchmidt

Almost a $100,000!:eek: Man,are you crazy?:confused::eek: I only have $5,000 to $10,000 to spend on a car.:wink: I want a car I can customize myself.:biggrin: Nice Aston Martin though.:RockOn::cool: :drink:I'd rather have a Ferrari or a Lamborghini though.:eek::handshake:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Northern iced tea is normally not sweetened but Southern iced tea is sweetened. I've had both and the sweetened is awesome. (But no lemons)

I grew up in Texas so I always had sweetened ice tea as a youth... I think my mother actually put a little tea in her sugar... I think here recipe was 2 cups of sugar, to 1/2 gallon of tea. After living in California for a few years, where they DON'T sweeten the tea, I would go into sugar shock every time I had tea at Mom's.

Almost a $100,000!:eek: Man,are you crazy?:confused::eek: I only have $5,000 to $10,000 to spend on a car.:wink: I want a car I can customize myself.:biggrin: Nice Aston Martin though.:RockOn::cool: :drink:I'd rather have a Ferrari or a Lamborghini though.:eek::handshake:

If you going to buy a Corvette, get a good one.. you'll need one prior to 1968 to have a proper body style... after that I think the body styles went down the tubes and a 454 is nothing but a gas pump... with today's gas prices......well you'll know.

This one was my first one that I bought when I was just a few years older than you.. I paid about $3000 for it in 1966. You couldn't touch it today for under $30,000. This one was stolen and really really upset me. 1964 hard top convertible, 327 engine with Holley AFB four barrel carb.. rated at 365 HP.. fastest I ever had the b***s to run it was 125 MPH on the I405 out of LA... my front end was still rising, I was still accelerating and still had accelerator left..

It's a crappy picture, it was taken in late 60's with a Polaroid and scanned into the computer.

Attachments

• '64 Corvette.jpg
    '64 Corvette.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 89
Jared,
I think you ought to consider the pink seriously... you would look good riding around with all the girls in that??? LOL

Mine looked like that with the top on, except it was silver instead of pink. My last one was a '65 in Maroon with a tan canvas top. I don't have a picture of it... I sold it after I got married... but think the car would have lasted longer than the marriage did.

MobilMan

Girls? Yea, one at a time. My 1st [and only one] was FREE. Except the taxes. Just luck, Jared. 1994 Mobil Oil Convention in Las Vegas with over 6,000 dealers & 1 ticket drawn. Red 1995 conv. black top. FAST. FUN. But not logical with Kids, Grandkids, Mother in Laws etc. so traded it in. Over 10 years & less than 20,000miles. Just watch yourself if & when you get it [or a clunker] You're NOT an Indy. car driver. Hope a lot of your dreams come true young man. Oh, I got gutsy once---had it at 95mph. But in my younger day I would have gone for the 150mph tops.

scoutharps

Most of us aren't even inexpensive--until you consider all that we do! No, not that! I'm thinking of the cooking, cleaning, laundry, kid sitting, not to mention production, and oh yeah, most of us have jobs as well!

As a native Texan, Jared, welcome to the great nation of TX, even if I am in TN! Next rule--any lady over the age of about your current age plus 5 years, is a MISS_________, or even a Ma'm!

nwcatman

you best be gettin a truck. aside from being a chick magnet, that vettes also a cop magnet. found that out when i tried to outrun a town clown inna mach1 mustang in the 60's around marfa when going to school in alpine. vette won't haul much wood either. or that 4 wheeler you gotta have.

nwcatman

Most of us aren't even inexpensive--until you consider all that we do! No, not that! I'm thinking of the cooking, cleaning, laundry, kid sitting, not to mention production, and oh yeah, most of us have jobs as well!

As a native Texan, Jared, welcome to the great nation of TX, even if I am in TN! Next rule--any lady over the age of about your current age plus 5 years, is a MISS_________, or even a Ma'm!

SHE'S LYING BOY!! and......... the only thing more expensive than a "current" is an "ex". run!!

nwcatman

ok.........but when the chicks in texas look at that vette and say "what kinda trucks it gonna be when it grows up?" or " how do you put it in 4 wheel drive?" or " we can't go hog hunting in THAT thing" you'll know i was right.

shull

Welcome to the great State of Texas Jared. Make sure that you study hard for the admission test that will be administered as you cross the Red River. Pickup trucks are the ride of choice around here. Grandbury is really a pretty area. Incidently there is a Rocklers and Woodcraft in the Dallas Area and a Woodcraft in Ft. Worth.

I live in a suburb of Dallas. I think I have gotten pretty fair at the CA/BLO finish and would be happy to show it to you if you get up this way.

Steve

1JaredSchmidt

We can't stop by this time Paul. Dad said I could drive up there sometime. We're gonna leave soon. See ya!

By the way,I'm going down with the trucker,and Dad and the rest of the family is taking our van.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
On the plus side, you're in the second biggest state in the US, so lots of places to look for lumber and go ATVing.

Not really. Less than 5% of land in Texas is publicly owned and on public land, most of the time ATVs are not allowed. That leaves only private land and Texans are VERY fond of our private property rights. In Texas, if you cross a fence or go on someones land without permission, you can be charged with trespassing. It does not necessarily have to be posted like in other states. Getting permission to ride an ATV on a stranger's land is next to impossible due to liability. I know, I have an ATV and the only real place I can ride it is my own 15 acres or my in-laws land. Even my good neighbors will not let me go over there due to liability.

1JaredSchmidt

We've been here a couple of days and we love it. Beautiful country and trees.:eek::) Made a couple of younger friends and a lot of older ones. Guess I'll have to take up golfing. Went to a craft and item store today and asked if I could put some pens in it (even showed them a some) and he said that I probably could. Trying to set up in our garage right now. I still have to get a cellphone,bank account,and figure out how to get started in high school. My first time in going to public school.

Not really. That leaves only private land and Texans are VERY fond of our private property rights. In Texas, if you cross a fence or go on someones land without permission, you can be charged with trespassing. It does not necessarily have to be posted like in other states. Getting permission to ride an ATV on a stranger's land is next to impossible .

When I was growing up in Texas, trespassing could be a shooting offense... the owner could shoot you and then ask later what you were doing there.

If you open a gate, you better close it. You let a man's cows or horses out and you were in big trouble.

Top Bottom