Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm catching on :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaVTxiPBJgM

Get ready for the 14TH Birthday Bash!! :wink:

One day a man went to an auction. While there, he bid on a parrot. He really wanted this bird, so he got caught up in the bidding. He kept on bidding, but kept getting outbid, so he bid higher and higher and higher. Finally, after he bid way more than he intended, he won the bid - the parrot was his at last!
As he was paying for the parrot, he said to the auctioneer, "I sure hope this parrot can talk. I would hate to have paid this much for it, only to find out that he can't talk!"
"Don't worry," said the auctioneer, "He can talk. Who do you think kept bidding against you?"

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Same man that bought the parrot at the auction eventually got the parrot to answer to the door bell...

One day when he was out there was a knock on the door....

'Who is it?'........ squawked the parrot

'It's the plumber, I've come to fix your pipes. Will you let me in please?' ..came the reply..

'It's the plumber, I've come to fix your pipes. Will you let me in please?' ..came the reply..

So this goes on for ages and eventually the plumber collapses by the door.

Some time later the guy comes home and sees him collapsed by the door and says......

'OMG !! Who is it??'

And the parrot squawks..

'It's the plumber, I've come to fix your pipes, will you let me in please?'

:biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Chuck's new avatar:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 233

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Random Auction Facts :

Rome was the first nation to license auctioneers

Candles were used in the 1700s at auctions to declare the winner. If you were the high bidder at the time when the candle extinguished itself, you won the auction

In the mid-1700s, auctions were commonly held in taverns. Elaborate and detailed catalogs for works of art were considered art themselves

flyitfast

Vic, I suspected but I'm too nice. Not like those sneaky Army guys - or, whoever those guys are that dress up in fancy uniforms.......................!!
BTW Vic, I've never thanked you for your service. :usflag::good: "Thank You"
Gordon

Auction? I bid $50.00 but don't tell Gordon (flyitfast)

Last edited:
Top Bottom