Went to the eye doctor yesterday.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Sharon, that quacks me up! My sister-in-law was a nurse for 42 years. Hope you aren't offended by my favorite. She asked an elderly patient who was from a rural area this question.
"Have you had a BM today?"
No, but I had two RC's."

Cwalker935

That a good one. In my old workplace we had a division with the acronym ERD. One day I got a message that a Mark Nerd had called. He had left a message that Mark in ERD had called. The receptionist thought he was spelling his last name.

Woodchipper

Sharon, on a serious side, hope that your situation was solved. Last summer my wife was trimming the lawn and got something in her eye. She went to the optometrist; he found a tiny piece of plastic embedded in her eye. He used some kind of eye drops and instrument to find it. He said an ER wouldn't have found it as they don't have the equipment he has. Now she wears safety glasses with side shields. Really good advice for anyone, IMHO.

sbwertz

It was just that the allergies are so bad this year my eyes swelled so much it popped out the little silicone plugs I have to keep my tears from draining out and keep my eyes more moist.

Len, they block the lower ducts that drain excess tears out into your nose....that is why your nose runs when you cry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom