Wedding Book

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I need a really nice wedding guest book to go with a pen I'm making. I'd like something custom if possible, maybe a leather cover. I don't know much about leatherwork, but perhaps the bride and groom names could be tooled into the cover? Another wrinkle is that I'd like to be able to customize the pages if possible, as it's not an English language family.

Anyone have a source for something like this? Before I dive into Google, I thought I'd see if someone could make a recommendation.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bikerdad

I need a really nice wedding guest book to go with a pen I'm making. I'd like something custom if possible, maybe a leather cover. I don't know much about leatherwork, but perhaps the bride and groom names could be tooled into the cover? Another wrinkle is that I'd like to be able to customize the pages if possible, as it's not an English language family.

Anyone have a source for something like this? Before I dive into Google, I thought I'd see if someone could make a recommendation.

Thanks!

Contact Lost Art Press, they've used a custom bookbinder in Ohio who does high grade binding, including leather. Note that LAP is a publisher, not binder. You may be able to find who they used in their blog where they discuss their projects.

www.lostartpress.com

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks!

Contact Lost Art Press, they've used a custom bookbinder in Ohio who does high grade binding, including leather. Note that LAP is a publisher, not binder. You may be able to find who they used in their blog where they discuss their projects.

www.lostartpress.com

Thanks, John. I'll give that a try.

southernclay

Jeff there seems to be a lot of options on Etsy and sure you would be able to find someone to do a custom one through there. I think there is an option to narrow results by sellers that accept custom orders that may help thin the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Skie_M

Leather can also be laser engraved as well as embossed (which is the process of tooling that you mentioned).

A nice benefit of the embossing is that it can also be done with gold leaf or it's imitations, giving a very professional old style look. Gold leaf embossing can also be done on paper, to give extra stylized looks to the pages and flyleaves themselves.

vtgaryw

Try your local artist's guilds - around me, there's been several leather workers showing up at all of the art/craft shows lately. A nice handmade one to go with a handmade pen would be a nice touch.

Gar

Top Bottom