Website question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

Does anyone know who is running and selling their pens on a website called, "WoodenPenCo".
Thanks for the assist.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SC-Wayne

Registrant:
Jeff Jones
Po Box 4161
Yuma, Arizona 85366
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WOODENPENCO.COM
Created on: 11-Dec-04
Expires on: 11-Dec-05
Last Updated on: 20-Jun-05

Administrative Contact:
Jones, Jeff info@woodenpenco.com
Po Box 4161
Yuma, Arizona 85366
United States
Technical Contact:
Jones, Jeff info@woodenpenco.com
Po Box 4161
Yuma, Arizona 85366
United States

BogBean

Owner of the domain is:
Registrant:
Jeff Jones
Po Box 4161
Yuma, Arizona 85366
United States

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Fangar
<br />On a side not... Exactly why I register my domain through a proxy. Worth the 9 bucks a year...

James
I'm curious... I've always wondered why people would use a proxy. Is there something inherently bad about having your domain ownership discovered? Seems like extra risk for no tangible benefit.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
A lot of people don't want their personal info on the I'net, which is why it looks like this person has purchased a P.O. box. Also, bots use to crawl the 'Net. Though that has pretty much been stopped by most registrars by making you enter those crazy looking numbers to get that info. Then again, probably some who wish to stay anonymous for less than honorable reasons.

Fangar

Originally posted by jeff
<br />
Originally posted by Fangar
<br />On a side not... Exactly why I register my domain through a proxy. Worth the 9 bucks a year...

James
I'm curious... I've always wondered why people would use a proxy. Is there something inherently bad about having your domain ownership discovered? Seems like extra risk for no tangible benefit.

Jeff,

There is no risk by listing with a proxy. It is a service that is offered by sites like Godaddy, etc. The risk for me is that you are required by law to list an actual address, correct phone number, and email addresses. The less info out there the better. Especially in my line of work.

With a proxy, you are still within the regulations of the law. Instead, the proxy company lists their phone number, their address and their company name in place of your info. They store your information for legitimate purposes and notify you if their are legitimate inquiries. Just one more layer of protection.

James

BogBean

Originally posted by penhead
<br />A lot of people don't want their personal info on the I'net, which is why it looks like this person has purchased a P.O. box. Also, bots use to crawl the 'Net. Though that has pretty much been stopped by most registrars by making you enter those crazy looking numbers to get that info. Then again, probably some who wish to stay anonymous for less than honorable reasons.

John...You cannot hide behind a P.O. Box address If you are doing business out of that Box. If I wanted the street address and name of the person who rented that box all I would have to do is ask the Postmaster. If it is not a business P.O. Box then it would take a court order to get the info...

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, but, that would take someone physically traveling to your postoffice to ask the postmaster 'who' owns that box....by submitting your info to be displayed as domain owner to the registrar puts your info out there for anyone, anywhere, to see.

Originally posted by BogBean
<br />
Originally posted by penhead
<br />A lot of people don't want their personal info on the I'net, which is why it looks like this person has purchased a P.O. box. Also, bots use to crawl the 'Net. Though that has pretty much been stopped by most registrars by making you enter those crazy looking numbers to get that info. Then again, probably some who wish to stay anonymous for less than honorable reasons.

John...You cannot hide behind a P.O. Box address If you are doing business out of that Box. If I wanted the street address and name of the person who rented that box all I would have to do is ask the Postmaster. If it is not a business P.O. Box then it would take a court order to get the info...

Fangar

I am a Police Officer. Unfortunately / Fortunately I am in an assignment where the majority of my contacts are narcotics, parole, probation, weapons, and gang related. My partner and I are well known to the element in the area. Not all of the criminals are stupid either. I cover what I can, but with things like Zabasearch, etc, It is still all out there.

Cheers.

Fangar

rtparso

Belive me I understand. If you check the activity in SE NM the meth is around and after the drug task force took out the main dealer the cubans are moving in. I am expecting the murder rate to go up. Keep you gun clean and your back covered!!!!

Ron Mc

Some great info hear! Actually I was able to get a real address by doing a reverse search on the phone number. It's scary what can be done these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom