Washington State get together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teniko

Testing the waters about folks here in Wahington getting together for idea swap-get together-turn a thon. I live in Marysville (40 mi north of Seattle) but am willing to travel, or set up a place here if needed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Wow, David---surely hope you get some takers!! I live on the WA/OR border---so, might be difficult for me to get there as I just have an old clunker---but my Brother lives in Sedro Wooley so could visit him too---would be nice to get together with all the WA folk!!![:)]

JHFerrell

Hey guys...I'm over here in Spokane but what with a full time day job, pen turning and flat work don't know where I would find time for a road trip. Interesting idea though[;)]

Teniko

It seems that us Washington turners are fairly spread out. It would be nice to put a face to the names of our online counterparts and be able to see the varied techniques that are written about. I for one am a visual learner and most get togethers are just to far away to attend. Hopefully there will be enough interest that a central location can be picked out and this could happen.

By the way, if anyone in the area is interested in starting a pen turners club or knows of one, I would be interested in joining or starting one.
Dave.

driften

Or people can meet after one of the local AAW club meetings... Might be a bit late for people coming from a long distance away though :(

jb_pratt

David, I'm in the greater Seattle area and I would love to get together. I'll keep an eye on this post to see if there is additional interest. I too am a visual learner, fortunatley for me I am heading to Utah next week to take a class at Craft Supplies [:)]

Teniko

That is awsome that you get to go south, hope you learn a lot and then share with us when you get back. I hope to go there in March but we'll see. I will keep up with the thread also and see if sometime in February we can put something together. Dave

Sven03

I live in silverdale across the water from you but would really be interested in doing a get together/learn together type thing...if there are any others let me know thanks....

Kevin Glover

I live in Poulsbo and would be interested, however i work odd hours/days so I may or may not be able to pull it off.

Sven, its good to hear from someone right here in the area. I'm a retired Navy Corpsman/Diver(2 years ago)and spent about 5 years with the Marines. I've been turning pens for about 6-8 months. Would be interested in learning about bowls and goblets. Kevin

Teniko

It is good to see some responses from the Washington contingent[:D]. There seems to be enough interest to try and put something together. Of course the rest of the Pacific Northwest is invited and all the rest of the forum if you are in the area at the time. I would like to let this thread run a bit longer to see if anyone else might show interest then figure out some where and whens and e-mail all of you. I have never done or been involved in something like this so if anyone has tips or suggestions please feel free to post. Regards, David.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom