Warning for members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Right! Penworks is Anthony Turchetta here.

The Penwerks guy said he's GregD here. Not sure what I believe... What say, GregD, is that you?

No matter who he is, it's amazing that someone would try to pass off a well-known artist's work as his own.

vick

Maybe if Johnny provided Jeff with the IP through private message that Penwerks posted through Jeff could see if it matched the IP of any known members.
While I am leary of supporting taking action against someone for what they say or do in other forums I find this action dispicable. I would also hate to have a forum members name soiled unfairly.

ldimick

MIke,

You make a good point. I think what he did was horrible. There was a suggestion to seek action against him. But there are no real damages. Now, some of the comments that have been made may border on slander or libel.

I just don't understand what would motivate anyone to do that.

Ron Mc

All I have to say is I sure am glad that the owner of this forum as well as the Yahoo penturners forum didn't take part in this. What happened is wrong but what is happening now is worse. I can't believe that in 2006 a bunch of grown men and women have created a public lynching mob! I'm shocked and absolutely disgusted at some of the remarks that are being made. I'm also shocked at some of the members that made them. At the moment I am embarrassed for the pen turning world! Not for what happened first but for the aftermath. I hope that everyone that has made a statement will print the 6 pages of thread and someday sit down and read it. I think they'll be surprised at themselves.[:(]
Remember the book "Lord of the Flies"?

Under no circumstances is the text or the contents of this post to be copied in anyway.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ron,

Forgive me if I disagree with your assessment of the situation at ThePenShop. Some of the actions are a bit overblown perhaps, but not as overblown as comparing those actions to a lynch mob.

As far as the actions of the administrator, there will always be times when some disagree with actions of a forum administrator. A very casual review of postings in both forums you mention will bear this out.

The person in question has been given an opportunity to explain the actions, and the response has been a mixed bag of excuses. In my opinion, this is why the outcry has continued.

By allowing members to vent, the point is made that actions such as these will not be tolerated. If the member was simply erased from the rolls, and all posts deleted, the insult to the original artist would not be known by many members.

The below is a quote from Golding's "Lord of the Flies." Somehow, it does not paint a picture of the members of ThePenShop to me.

Golding explains, "Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy." In this way, though the boys are rescued, the novel has anything but a happy ending. Indeed Golding’s dark vision of man has come true: all men are inherently evil.

Mikey

You are shocked and ambarassed that people want to expose someone for the fraud they are? They this person stole the creative work of someone else and claimed it as his own? That they would rather let this person be able to explain his actions before banning him for good? That if this person is actually now blaming someone else that proof is needed?

I for one am glad. Users can and do post across a wide range of forums. By allowing the thread to go on, people will know what this guys is up to on other forums as well. Also, a lot of what I read was edited, so I did not find anything too offensive. I guess that could be different if I saw what was origionally written.

jkoehler

why has this topic now boiled over to this forum.
thank you for letting us know about this. we now know who this person is and what they have done.
PLEASE. let us leave it up to the MODERATORS deal with it in the appropriate manners. That is part of being a moderator.
i truly enjoy the creativity and fellowship that these sites share.
but. in my opinion. bantering like this should not be part of this.
if you want to converse like this. please do it in emails to each other.
i find that the bickering detracts from the forums. it can also ruin friendships as well.
i have found that conversing in manners such as this is also open to interpretation and can be taken wrongly and therefore cause disasterous results.

just my 2 cents.

Jeff

rtjw

Jeff, I agree. So Ron now has a juicy email on its way!

I will say this, if you continue to attack me Ron I will ask Jeff to do something about it.

Thumbs

This all sounds like more shill work to me!

Did someone say something about "the pots calling the kettle black?" And "all men are evil?" How apropos!

You know what? I don't like people making threats of any sort!

Johnny, after what you let eagle do when Jeff visited your site, do you really think you are entitled to any sympathy here? I'm surprised at your gall.......

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, please! While Johnny certainly can't control what his members do here, I know that Johnny himself is not making a shill post. Johnny and I have talked quite a lot about the interaction of the two sites, and he and I are on very good terms. Johnny's first post in this topic was an honest attempt to warn us about the user in question after the truth was uncovered on his site. Remember, while Johnny does run a similar site, he's still a valued member of our community and he's done quite a lot to raise the visibility of the IAP and our site.

So, let's keep it civil and move on to more interesting and productive discussions.

Thanks!

Dario

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Jeff, I agree. So Ron now has a juicy email on its way!

I will say this, if you continue to attack me Ron I will ask Jeff to do something about it.

I don't see any attack towards you from Ron's post...looks like you are the one doing the threatening actually.

Sad but this issue is being capitalized on way too much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom