Waiting is the hardest part

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdmacdo

Okay, so after the MPG last weekend that had representation from all 3 generations of turners in the family, we now have 8 colors of dye on order, picked up some waterslide decal paper, got new blanks and kits from the vendors, and are trying some of the new things we learned. As always, we picked up some great tips and tricks (and the IAP collection - wait until you see them!!!) , and will need to continue to explore and expand on our skill sets.

Now, I'm in that state of limbo between coming back from MPG and getting ready to go to MAPG. The MPG is only 4 hours away, so that was a relatively easy trip, but the 20+ hours each way to MAPG is going to be a trek. Luckily I have 1 son and 1 daughter that will make the trek with me, so it should be a great opportunity for us to see parts of the country we haven't seen yet. Unfortunately, the 1st Gen won't be making this trip, but Gen 2 and Gen 3 will be represented.

We are really looking forward to meeting some of the East Coast members that we have been following through the forum. From Kurt Hertzog (one of the first I read when I started turning) to Jonathan Brooks (custom blanks are something we now offer, and soon to start making kitless after seeing his stellar work recently), to all of the others who will be there and we can express our appreciation of their examples and products.

Now, as long as I can survive the anticipation another week, and hope for good weather during the trek over, I expect it will be a weekend we will always remember...

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Looking forward to meeting you. If you get in early and want to stop by, some of us will be there most of the day. Safe travels.

jdmacdo

Most of the trip planned - looking for suggestions

It looks like we will stop halfway outside Dayton Thursday night, then have around 7 hours left to go. Based on that, we will probably try to find somewhere in Richmond to sightsee (some Civil War buffs in the family) before we head over to Woodcraft.

If anyone has suggestions to do on a Friday afternoon that won't include too much walking for a tired driver, but exciting for two teenagers, I would welcome suggestions.

Thanks

Top Bottom