W.C.U?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

WCU is how I got started with pen turning. When I took the class it cost $50.00 and was scheduled to take 3 hours. The instructor/salesman was <s>very</s> <s>knowedgable</s> He knew what he was talking about. He was even kind enough to say that I was the best student in class.[:D] Unfortunately, I was the only student in class.[:(]

If this is what you werre asking about, than I would say go for it. You won't be wasting any money.

I have also popped in on some other classes they have had, and from what I could hear/see, the sstudents get their money's worth.

Edit...
If I had read before I typed I would have seen the class on sharpening. I took the impromptu class on sharpening. I went in to buy a slow speed grinder and a wolverine system and asked how to use the stuff. I got the condensed version - only took 20 min.
Standard disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with WoodCraft, just a satisfied customer.

Czarcastic

Tony:
I had my first turning experience at a Woodcraft Class as well. I had been doing "flat" woodworking for years, and my wife bought me a pen turning class as an anniversary gift. I loved it! Absolutely walked out of there with a smile on my face a mile wide. [:)] My wife said I was like a kid who just hit the winning home run in a little league game.
Little did she realize that the $60 class she bought me would end up costing her $700 in new tools before that weekend was over! [:D]
Take the class!

melogic

I too have had the pleasure of the classes at Woodcraft. That is how I got started in pen turning also. I also took a bowl turning class this past February. I loved both of the classes and they were very helpful and worth every dime you pay for them. Go for it Tony, you will not regret it! Good luck. Also remember, anything turned in classes like that require you to take a picture of the item and post it on this site. (Just Kidding, but we do like pictures)

Tonyc53

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your input, and trust me I will but…I have to coordinate this Date for taking this course with a trip to Miami, when my wife feels she is ready, to get Her a <b>“WAL-MARTâ€</b> fix!!! [xx(]

Unless, unless you Guys would send Her a Note from <b>“My TEACHER/Sâ€</b>, stating why this course is <b>“IMPERATIVE TO TONY’S OVER ALL DEVELOPMENT AS A WOODTURNERâ€</b> Signed by all of you! Wadda ya think? [:p]

But seriously, it’ll be more cost effective for me to do it this way here’s why; this <b>$55</b> course could easily cost me over <b>$500</b> bucks, coz I need an Airline ticket, then I need lodging, Food and Car. [:(] Or I could use all of that money <b>RIGHT NOW</b> to get all my woodturning <b>STUFF</b> and shop together. [:p] Now...all things considered ,,,wadda ya think about this [?]

But who knows, I have a Niece and Nephew living in the area, maybe one of them would put me up for a few days, I’ll check! Failing this, I’ll just have to wait and convince Debbie, as to why my dates are more “Appropriate†for taking such a trip, to get Her “Fixâ€!!!! Dem <b>“$$$ALESâ€</b> would always be there!!! [}:)] [:D] [8D]

Sorry for all this color...but I'm that kinda GUY!! [:D][8D][:eek:)]

tipusnr

I've loved the courses I've taken but make sure to read the descriptions CAREFULLY. Took the sharpening course and spent most of the day cooling my heels while we went over sharpening knives, chisels, planer blades, etc. then in the last 30 minutes we rushed through woodturning tools (which is what I came for). No "hands on" in that class either. Kind of disappointing but when I went back and read the description I found they did EXACTLY what they said they'd do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom