VW New Beetle Trunk Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Any one know how to manually open the Trunk on the VW New Beetle (Model Year 2010 - Convertible) Neither the switch key button or the door button will work - on the switch key the lights blink as if it worked but it doesn't. The door does nothing. Everything else works. I know there is some sort of a manual way to open it but don't know what it is.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

Look in and around or under the rear seat there is probably a release cable and handle possibly red or yellow. may have to remove rear seat bottom cousin.

rmelton

Item 1 is the lever or handle to open trunk and item 2 is the plug to remove and pull to open on some models.

Attachments

• DSC02255.JPG
    DSC02255.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,317

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Smitty this might work but not sure on a convertible, reach in through the little access door in back seat if it has one, pull the manual trunk release
I tried that but it doesn't seem to be working. I thought maybe you have to do something else as well.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This is my wife's car - I wouldn't own one of them myself on a bet. "German Engineering" highly touted as it is --- sucks. The new beetle had that problem since it was first rolled out and those
great engineers couldn't come up with a fix.....It is also next to impossible to change the battery, had to take half the the engine compartment components out to get at it.

tbroye

My wife bought a Mini Cooper luckily it wasn't the turbo S model. Glad I told her to pay for the extended warranty and extended service contract. I found the oil dipstick which is impossible to read accurately The battery and master cylinder are under plastic flap in cowl cover which you have to remove to get the battery out. I bought a repair manual for it for reference and when it said," jack up car put on stands, remove Right front wheel assemble and inner fender cover" to access the various belts I went not this guy. I open that hood and shake my head. This thing is fly by wire and is full of quirk and computers, but it is fun to drive and she loves it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Top Bottom